Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Missing my family!

Bob C.

• Members
I’m 56 years old and I have lost my mom and dad many years ago and my sister in 2014 I have a brother whom I was never close with. i have no uncles or aunts or cousin, I have no one to share my child hood memories and some times I miss them so much I have no one to call and just chat with sometimes it really bothers me.
I’m married but my wife doesn’t understand she nags me for things that are so trivial I work every day I pay all the bills we have a son in college and it’s nice when he comes home but most of the time he is away at school.
Some times I feel hopeless god will only know in the end. god bless any one who reads this and hug your loved ones tomorrow they may not be there.:blush:

• Members

Hi Bob,
I'm sorry for your loses. I'm in the same situation as you and same age group.
I lost my parents many years ago. and I lost my best friend. I have a sister but we're different people.
I so wish my parents were still here. I really miss watching TV with my mother even though the TV shows were really bad
I miss their company. I miss their jokes.
It feels like the world changed when they left and I have to get used to this new world.
With your wife nagging, my father figured it out. He used to just let my mother nag. Just ignore her was the way he dealt with it.
I think we're just lonely for someone close, someone who knows us inside out.
We'll be OK. As a friend told me "what else can we do". It is as it is.

Archived