Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Christian but ...... Really struggling to just survive this.....

PDizzle

• Members

Hi.  This is my first post - just found my way to this site.  I’m a Bible following Christian but just feel sooooooo alone and lonely and hope to have a conv with or read some others’ posts on how to survive this thing.  Lost my husband 06-24-20. Tragic accident so very unexpected.  

• Like 2

• Members

I feel the same exact way. I am a Christian but I’m still having trouble. I feel like I’m suffering. I feel weak and tired. You are in my prayers because I know the pain you are going through. 

• Like 2

• Members

You are in my prayers as well.  I don't like living in a world without my husband.  I feel lost and afraid most days..  I too am christian, I pray

to God to help me get thru this. But, honestly, I don't feel any comfort or sense of peace when I pray.. This is going to take a long time to process

that I am alone.  I lost the one person that I felt most connected with in this world, the one person who loved me no matter what.  43 Years married to this

kind, loving, patient man.  I am so lost without him.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

I lost my dad exactly a month ago. I feel like God doesn’t hear my prayers anymore bc he passed away whilst fasting for his recovery. I don’t want to pray anymore. I don’t want anything to do with God anymore. I wish I could become an atheist but something in spirit keeps me coming back to God. I hate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grieving.com

• Like 1

• Members

I’m so sorry for you. When we lost our grandson I was mad at God for a year and wouldn’t read the Bible or listen to Christian music or anything at all.  Then one morning I opened the Bible and read Proverbs 25 verse 2.  It says, “It is the glory of God to conceal a matter,” and I thought well I know God is GOOD and He is either real or not. The Bible is either TRUE or NOT. Can’t have it both ways. So it became a DAILY DECISION I had to choose to make, to trust Him.  I’m glad i did because He has seen me through soooooo much since then. That was 2005.  I’ll pray for you. I really will.

• Like 2
  • Angel Wings 1

• Members

my Father died on May 2, 2018. I call that day MAYDAY, as in S.O.S.  Without him, i just don't know how i will recover. He was my only comfort in a cold and dark world. they say i should be over this grief by now. i have even experienced cold and vile people who have said, and i quote, "Get over it already". it seems like my grieving for Father aggravates them. but i cannot help it...i miss him. life is meaningless without him. thanks for listening...tln.

• Like 1

• Members

Seriously your comment is heart breaking.  I was with my husband 35 years. If I didn’t have a faith in God/Jesus I’d be dead. He is my constant companion.  He’s promised that. It’s my choice to believe or deny it. I choose to believe because I don’t want to get “stuck” in my grief or get so comfortable in my grief that it’s my husband;s death that defines my life or defines who I am.  It’s just what works for ME and keeps ME sane.

• Like 3

• Members
On 1/25/2021 at 5:10 PM, PDizzle said:

Hi.  This is my first post - just found my way to this site.  I’m a Bible following Christian but just feel sooooooo alone and lonely and hope to have a conv with or read some others’ posts on how to survive this thing.  Lost my husband 06-24-20. Tragic accident so very unexpected.  

• Like 1

• Members

I too am a Christian now somewhat like warm. I'm just so confused why her she at age 35 a beautiful mother of 3 just gone....I really wasn't doing too much...I live in my car. This "family" has been ripped to shreds since my Amy passed....I just can't seem to grasp onto the "what in the hell just happened?" Factor. 

• Like 1