Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Looking for Comfort and support after losing my Fur baby.

JennaH1985

• Members

Looking for comfort and support after losing my Fur baby.

Yesterday 22/1/2021 my beautiful boy Bubbles(cat) fell asleep after making the hard decision to let him go, he had heart disease and fluid in his lungs and u could see his health getting worse day by day, he was my daughters side kick and had been for almost 15 years....only wanted to be with her, he would be on her bed with her everyday/night, he would follow her around the house everywhere. They had such an amazing connection/relationship that nobody else did.... I feel so heart broken for her, I feel so lost..I can't stop crying I'm trying to be strong for my daughter but just can't hold back my pain.

I Just want to be able to think about him and smile again and for my daughter to feel the same

Any words of comfort would be so appreciated right now 

• Members

I am so so sorry. It's so devastating. We know they won't live forever of course... but you are not fully prepared for what it's like when they are no longer physically with you.

My husband and I lost our cat we'd had for 10 years to a sudden horrible sickness. It was traumatic and incredibly painful. I thought my heart was breaking sometimes. It takes a while to adjust and to come to a place of peace. I promise that the pain you are in won't last - but be patient. It takes time. 

If it helps, come back and read and write more here. Get out your feelings. Everyone here understands so much what you are going through.  

• Members

I'm so very sorry for your loss. It's such a heartbreaking loss to endure especially when the bond is so special. The pain is almost unbearable and it often feels as if there will never be a day when the pain will lessen. I remember not wanting to lose that pain because it seemed to be the only thing left linking me to my fur babies. And if the pain were to ever subside then they would only be that much further away from me. But each day, each week, each month is slightly less awful (even though it may not feel like that now). And rather than the agony of the loss the days are replaced with a fondness for the memories and life you shared.

I do hope you can find some solace knowing that you gave Bubbles an amazing life and that the love you and your daughter shared with him and the memories you forged will last long after the pain of such a terrible loss finally fades.

Coming here and telling you story and sharing your tears will help. This place saved my life. Otherwise I do not know how I would have made it through the grief. 

• Members

I am sorry for your loss, Jenna. All of us posting in this thread know your pain very well. Just know that it does get better. 

Hang in there.

• Members

I'm so sorry to read about your loss. Bubbles sounds an adorable boy. Nothing prepares us for this, we know that pet's won't live as long as us but it doesn't make it any easier when the time comes. 6 weeks since I lost my lovely boy Goldie and I cry every day. I'm functioning on a basic level, that's about it. Come on hear and talk, this place had given me so much help, we understand the pain. Thinking of you. 

• Members

Hi Jenna,

I'm so sorry for the pain you are going through. Nothing in the world prepares us for this. In losing my Spooey a month ago, I found so much compassion and understanding from folks here. I still cry every day, but found a lot of wisdom in the words of others who have experienced this. As AJWcat says, it does become bearable, with time. The pain becomes something that underscores the amazing love you had, and will always have. 

It's really lovely that you and your daughter have this shared love. And Bubbles was clearly a very lucky fellow to have two such dedicated and warm souls around him. In time, I'm sure you will be able to get that place of being able to smile at the memories, without feeling the sharpness of the pain. It's a really safe place to share your memories, and feelings. Hang in there.

Thinking of you,

L xxx

Archived