Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

For My Brother

Suzi

• Members

My precious brother, JMD (age 43) died two days before Christmas of a sudden heart attack.  I live in Texas.  Thankfully, we drove to AZ (to avoid planes), to see my brother and my parents.  He was whistling the night before as he cooked red chile enchiladas for us.  It was a perfect day.  We listened to Bocelli's new Christmas album in anticipation of Christmas.  I was so excited because I had customized a pair of vans for him.  He loved vans, and this was the first pair I customized, and he never even saw them!  The next morning, I got a call from my Dad that my brother collapsed and was not breathing.  He was a college athlete - so strong.  I hardly remember the drive to my parent's house...I still can't believe it.  I had to leave my parents in AZ and return home to work.  I will be back there during Spring Break.  We have such strong faith.  I know that God is with us, and my brother is with Him, so my brother is close.  I just miss him so much!  We have a small family, and he was my best friend.  Even though I have a sister, I was always so close to my brother.  The hardest part is seeing my Mom go through the grieving process.  Does anyone have any suggestions for grief groups?  I have looked at the GriefWorks program offered through various churches.  Thank you!  

Archived