Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Reborn baby doll

Rashell

• Members

Was wondering if anyone has gotten a reborn baby after your loss, and if it has helped them? And also if any of you have any suggestions on where to purchase from. I had a miscarriage about 6 months ago which hadn’t effected me too much at the time, however since my boyfriend passed away last week I am having a really hard time coping with the fact I lost the only chance I had at having a child, which I did not know at the time. I think one of these dolls might help me a little but have now been obsessing over making sure I get the right one and that it will look like him. Not sure if this is the right place for this post but any advice helps. 

• Members
SavannahDecker

Hello! 

after my son passed away at three months old due to health issues I had empty arm syndrome. I missed holding him and smelling him. I was completely desperate to feel like a mother again so I went onto ebay and got a reborn doll. My husband was creeped out at first by it but after I explained that it helped me he came to terms. I would sleep with it and put it in my sons swing . I eventually got pregnant again and kind of just stopped interacting with the reborn doll but in my opinion it did help me massively with the loss. Just having something to comfort me . Don't let anyone tell you how to grieve and if that's what you need and think it will help do what works for you. I'm I am so sorry for your losses. ❤️

• Angel Wings 1

• Members
On 7/19/2021 at 4:18 AM, SavannahDecker said:

Hello! 

after my son passed away at three months old due to health issues I had empty arm syndrome. I missed holding him and smelling him. I was completely desperate to feel like a mother again so I went onto ebay and got a reborn doll. My husband was creeped out at first by it but after I explained that it helped me he came to terms. I would sleep with it and put it in my sons swing . I eventually got pregnant again and kind of just stopped interacting with the reborn doll but in my opinion it did help me massively with the loss. Just having something to comfort me . Don't let anyone tell you how to grieve and if that's what you need and think it will help do what works for you. I'm I am so sorry for your losses. ❤️

Hello Savannah. I too lost my 5 month old son only 3 weeks ago. After a health battle with his heart. I have never heard of this empty arm syndrome. But I have been holding his teddy, dressed in his jumpsuit, wrapped in his blanket since that awful day. I know everyone’s grief journey is so so different. But I just want to be a mum again. (I know I ALWAYS will be) I want to give my son that sibling he should of had. I guess I’m asking, how is pregnancy after infant loss? When I eventually do. I feel like I would be so guilty for having an ounce of happiness. I don’t want him to think he’ll ever be replaced. Plus the paranoia I know will come with the health side.. Love, another Angel mum