New Members - Check Your Spam/Junk Folder for Confirmation Email ×

Leukaemia took my husband of 16yrs. And I don't know what my life means now.

• Members

It's been 16 days since my husbands funeral. My first Christmas with my 2teenage boys but without my best friend by my side. He'd only been fighting for 18mths and we thought he had beat it. Then Nov it came back and took him before the month was out. I feel numb. I feel lost. I don't even know what my place is anymore. I'm trying to be strong for my children so just numbky going through the motions of each day. I'm 41 in a weeks time and feel I am nothing without him. Please tell me this is normal. I know I'm strong but have no fight in me. 

• Members
Valerie Lockhart

Dear Becs,

I'm sorry for the loss of your husband. It seems so unfair that death should have the power to take away someone you love. And when it happens, the thought of never again being able to talk to, laugh with, or hold your loved one can be most difficult to bear. That pain is not necessarily erased by being told that your loved one is up in heaven. The Bible, however, holds out a much different hope. The Scriptures indicate that it is possible to be reunited with your husband in the near future, not in an unknown heaven but right here on earth under peaceful, righteous conditions. And at that time humans will have the prospect of enjoying perfect health, and they will never have to die again. This is not wishful thinking. In the spring of 31 C.E., Jesus Christ boldly promised: “Just as the Father raises the dead up and makes them alive, so the Son also makes those alive whom he wants to. Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his [Jesus’] voice and come out.” (John 5:21, 28, 29) Yes, Jesus Christ promised that millions now dead will live again on this earth and have the prospect of remaining on it forever under peaceful, paradisaic conditions. (Luke 23:43; John 3:16; 17:3 compare Psalm 37:29 and Matthew 5:5) Since Jesus made the promise, it is  safe to assume that he is willing to fulfill it. Jehovah God, who started mankind off in a lovely garden, has promised to restore Paradise on this earth under the rule of His heavenly Kingdom in the hands of his son, the now glorified Jesus Christ. In that restored Paradise, the human family will have the prospect of enjoying life without end, free from all sickness and disease. (Revelation 21:1-4 compare Job 33:25; Isaiah 35;5-7). To learn more, click the following link to view a short video: Is There Hope for the Dead? Introduction | JW.ORG Videos