Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

New Year's Day

BEQUET93

• Members

I hope everyone was okay, for the arrival of the new year. For whatever reason, I found New Year's Eve and New Year's Day to be more surreal than Christmas. It hit me that this will be the first full calendar year, since 1948, without my mother in the world. After that, I realized that, on New Year's Day 2020, there was no idea that she had pancreatic cancer and would be gone at the start of November. In the afternoon, my niece came for a visit and talked to me about it. Today is the 2 month anniversary of her passing. I know it will get easier, but I would swear on the holy book of any religion that these two months have felt like a bad dream.

• Hugs 1

• Members

Dear Bequet93,

(((hugs))) Thinking of you. I hear you and it's really hard to imagine starting a new year without our beloved parents. I still wish my dad could be here and he could have lived to a 110.

• Hugs 1

• Members

I’m worried about New Year’s Day 2023.

Amanda and I made it known to each other in the last moments of 1974 that we wanted to date each other. Within a year we married, and stayed that way until she died suddenly on August 12 of this year.

New Years were very special for us. Whatever we were doing, we’d make a point to kiss at midnight. I don’t think we ever missed a year. Now at last we will. I’m not sure what if anything I’m going to do this year. I don’t drive and I don’t know of any friends who’ll have me over. I waver between the idea of just going to bed or finding some way of going out — knowing I’ll be coming back to an empty home.