Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my best friend

JessieLove

• Members

My best friend was sick all summer with stomach problems and kept seeing a doctor over and over and over. She had major stomach surgery about 6 weeks before Thanksgiving. She continued to have problems and had seen the doctor for two checkups. Thanksgiving day she went back into the Emergency Room. Her bowels has ruptured. She slowly went into septic shock and died. She was only 37. I am having a really difficult time accepting it. I am angry and so so sad that she is gone. I have also been having my own health issues. I have a skin infection and rash that I have been battling for months. I was recently diagnosed with Shingles and then diagnosed less than a week later with COVID-19. I am just starting to feel better, but the rash and skin infection is still present. I am frustrated and disappointed. I don’t know how to grebe for the loss of my friend while dealing with all my stuff. 

• Members

Dear JessieLove,

My deepest sympathies and condolences. I am so sorry for your loss.  

I'm so sorry to hear about what your best friend went through and also your own health issues during this sad and difficult time.

There is no right way or wrong way to grieve. Talking about her and thinking about her is a form of grieving. Be gentle with yourself. 

Thinking of you.

• Members

So sorry to hear that, that's a lot to deal with. While it's hard, try not to neglect your health as from my experience, when dealing with grief, it takes an extra toll on our health so we have to really take care of ourselves. Sometimes stress can worsen health stuff too. I apologize if I sound negative but just sharing a reminder from my own experience. But it is a good sign you are aware of your emotions even if they are difficult, I would say it's certainly normal to feel angry and sad. I've felt those too before. I know it's been a while since your post so I hope you are doing a bit better now.

Archived