Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Trying to find hope when I want nothing more than to join my beautiful daughter in Heaven.

Angela R

• Members

I lost my daughter in a hit and run on January 5th 2020. I don't know how to live I see in others they expect me to be fine I mean it was almost a year ago. I know this sounds terrible but sometimes I just want them to feel that pain just a little for a short time so they can understand. I just want the pain to stop but I know it never will. I don't know how to keep going it doesn't even seem right my daughter was everything to me and now she's gone. The last conversation I had with my daughter the night before she was killed I made her take down the Christmas tree and she was mad because she wanted to leave to hang out with her friends. I don't know how I'm supposed to get through this not to mention she was killed a day  after her dads birthday and she was mad at him so she didn't kiss him before she left. I Pray for everyone that is hurting I know it feels like you are battling alone but one thing I've learned is anyone that has lost a child is like family to me it is a pain and an unfortunate bond that no one can understand unless you have been through it.

• Like 2
  • Angel Wings 1

• Members

I agree with about the “bond” that parents have after losing their babies.  These forums and online groups have become my “island of misfit toys”, the only place I feel that I belong.  

You are doing better than I was a year out.   You’re reaching out and talking about it and thats important.   If tools like this were available back in 2004 when I lost my son, I didnt know about it.  

Much love and peace to you from one angel mom to another

• Members

Angela R - I am so sorry for your loss.  I lost my son 3 years ago, and, while living is a bit easier, there are still times when I wish I could leave to be with him.  Life tends to get back to "normal" for most people pretty quickly, and it feels really lonely at times to "still" be mourning your lost child.  It is hard.  The pain doesn't get easier - you just learn how to live with it.  This is especially true when you don't get to say goodbye, when the loss is so tragic and unexpected.  Try not to dwell on that last day - that was just one day of the thousands you had with your precious daughter.  Try to think about those happy times when you were laughing together or she was especially happy about something that went on in her day.  If you can dwell on those things, you may find a little bit of comfort now and then.  I wish you peace and God's comfort.  

• Members

Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm sorry for your loss and I will you well during this difficult time of year. MERRY CHRISTMAS 

May peace be with both of you.

• Members

I hope I've picked the proper circle, we lost our adult son, Patrick, to GBM brain cancer 10-24-2021. We feel like we're dying inside from his loss. 

• Members

I lost my daughter in June of this year to signet cell carcinoma. She was 43 years old. She left behind 3 young daughters. It breaks my heart that she won't be around for them. I cry every day.

• Members

Peggy Im so sorry for the loss of your daughter. Its so hard to make sense of the loss of a mom with 3 children    I know there are no words that will bring relief, but I hope you find comfort in the support of this bereaved parents group.    Cancer took our babies, but we can continue to be strong for and with each other.   

Much love, hugs and prayers

Laura🙏🏻💜

• Members

You are in the right group.  We've all lost a child That unites us   

Im so sorry for the devasting loss of your daughter     Did she have to doctor long for her liver disease?

• Members
15 hours ago, Yamikani said:
On 12/31/2022 at 6:52 AM, Yamikani said:

I hope iam in the right group i lost my daughter to liver disease  she was 3 iam hurting i lost her in November 2022

I too lost my only child of 22 years in November 2022. I can't move on, she is the love of my life and I miss her terribly. I need help and support too