• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gary55

• Collettesweetbear

• Wootles567

• KayC

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Hiya Elle, nice to hear from you. Well, knocked back a bit again. I don't deal with loss at all well. Another companion away, even if I could turn the clock back to this time last year it would be something. But time marches on for us. How are things with you, hope you're doing OK. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Anyone hear from ColletteSweetBear?  I haven't since January and she had Covid...I see she deleted some of her posts for some reason.

John, I know this is fresh and so hard, my heart goes out to you.

• Members

I haven't heard from Collettte for a long time. I did message her but did not hear anything. I hope she's doing OK. 

• Like 1

• Members
20 hours ago, Gary55 said:

I don't deal with loss at all well

Gary, you have a loving and loyal heart. I think it is a lovely thing that you have such firm bonds with the creatures you're around. But it does make it that much harder. Are you still having counsilling? does that help at all? When we talked last, you mentioned you might be thinking of getting another dog. It is such a personal choice. And I understand completely about what might prevent you doing that. There is the inevitable pain of loss. And there is also a feeling that it might mean you were 'moving on' from Goldie. I can only say that getting Waffy (my partner got a kelpie x doberman puppy for me, about 6 months ago) has been the best thing in the world. I will never forget Spooey - I think of him every day. But having someone to love, and someone who loves you so completely is the most wonderful thing, it's what makes life worthwhile.

I haven't heard from Collette for a while, either, I'm afraid. Collette, are you there? I hope you have recovered from Covid, and I'd love to hear how you are doing x

Kay, so lovely to see you are here, too, and I hope things are well in your life, and that Kodie is happy and well :) I wanted to thank you - all of you - for being so kind to me and helping me through one of the toughest times in my life. It meant the world <3 

• Like 1

• Members

Thanks for your lovely words Elle. I suppose it's just my way, I am maybe too emotional. I haven't had counselling for ages, it was OK, and it helped but I think it went as far as it could. I still talk to a communicator once a month. To me it's like counselling, but also getting to talk with Goldie. I'm happy for you that Waffy appeared, I remember you saying this. I am back-and-forth with how I feel. In some ways I  know I want to rescue another. But ive been thinking the past couple days that all I'll think of is that it's not Goldie. This is so difficult. I like how you put it that having someone to love and someone who loves you is so wonderful. I know you're right and one day I'll maybe get to this. As you say everyone has been so helpful, I've been lucky to have you all. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Wootles567 said:

I haven't heard from Collette for a while, either, I'm afraid. Collette, are you there? I hope you have recovered from Covid, and I'd love to hear how you are doing x

I messaged her a couple of times, never heard back.  This is the hard part about growing attached to people on the internet, we don't KNOW if they made it through Covid or what has become of them.  I've been very worried.  She sent my little Kodie a cuddle blanket, He loves it, I wish I could let her know how much.  He chewed multiple holes in it as a puppy but he still has to have it with him, he's very attached to it, I thought it was so sweet of her!

It's good to hear from you again, Wootles! 

• Like 2

• Members

Hi @Gary55 just wanted to post and tell you how sorry I am to read about losing your sweet little bird especially so suddenly like that.  

I messaged @Collettesweetbear as well. I fear maybe she succumbed to Covid which she mentioned she was dealing with. I can't believe she would not reply to reply any of us. :( She was a good supporter in her time here for others even as she dealt with her grief. I hope I am wrong.

• Like 3

• Members

@AJWCatthank you so much for you nice words. It was sudden, another gap in my heart.

I really am concerned about Collettte, she was so supportive, and now not seen at all. She was going through a lot. I just hope one day she drops by  and says hello. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

That is my concern as well.  I've instructed my son if something ever happens to me to let my grief groups know, the not knowing about people we care about is very hard piled on top of everything else we have to deal with now.  

I hope our worst fears are wrong and she drops in sometime.  I just found a packing slip that came with the blanket she sent Kodie, it has her name/address but when I looked for an obit with that name, nothing came up.  Perhaps I'll write to her and if it's returned, I'll know something isn't right.

• Like 1