Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Holiday

Olympica

• Members

This holiday season has been tough. My grandma did not die of COVID-19 but she died from COPD. On November 11. I didn’t get to say goodbye

When she was in the hospital I asked the doctor a little bit about covid symptoms. And he knew when my grandma’s mentioning asthma a few times. Back in June He said a person with a without chronic condition And if they survive they have now chronic conditions that look like COPD that is what he has been experiencing. Someone with chronic conditions like me needs to be extra careful because it could be catastrophic.

One of my grandmother & my Thanksgiving holiday tradition is the holiday season doesn’t start until we are done watching the Macy’s day parade mind you I buried my grandmother finally three days before Thanksgiving. I guess it really didn’t hit me until Thanksgiving today because at the funeral only my dog and I were allowed there.

It took me until Saturday to finish watching the DVR of the Macy’s day parade and then when I got done I couldn’t stop crying until 930 pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Grieving.com

• Moderators

I'm very sorry for your loss and hope you are doing better. :(  

• Members

Dear Olympica,

I'm so sorry for your loss. It is hard to lose a beloved grandparent. 

Be kind and gentle with yourself during this sad and difficult time. 

Thinking of you.

Archived