Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My Brother Robert

StevensBobby

• Members

I lost my older brother Dr Robert Shankerman, a front line worker and Fallen hero to Covid September 19, the emptiness and pain seem insurmountable especially as the disease is barreling through our country and destroying so many family’s loved ones.

Words really cannot describe the loss.

It feels like a thief has stolen the most valuable thing in my life...We were 18 months apart..he was my best friend, guardian angel in life, inspiration for excelling in life and most importantly a beacon of excellence.

As he lay struggling in St Agnes in Fresno, his last text to me before intubation, “I cannot wait to see you again, I love you with every breath I take”

Goodbye my Brother, I will see you on the other side.....

Sent from my iPhone using Grieving.com

• Members
Nicole-my grief journey

That is really rough. I’m so sad for you, your family and the loss of your brother. I have that same feeling about my brothers death. I felt so much was stolen from me. Stolen from him. I couldn’t believe he died even thought I was there. Very painful. The one thing I told myself every day was: that I have to keep going for him and the things he didn’t get to do and because I know he would want me to live a good life and not be stuck...not moving forward...ignoring my emotions and numbing my grief instead of facing it head on. There is no right or wrong way to grieve. Just let out whatever is pushing its way out of you. Don’t hold it in. Rest, shower, eat, sleep and go easy on yourself. My empathy to you, Nicole

Archived