Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my parents six hours apart in February

DKB

• Members

•  

I lost both my parents just six hours apart from one another, back in February. We were extremely close and this is by far the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with in my life. I miss them so much I can’t even begin to put it into words. Here it is nine months later and I still have times where it doesn’t feel real to me. It is still very overwhelming. It seems as though the holidays and special days once celebrated are some of the tougher times. 

• Members

Dear DKB,

It's devastating going through the grief of losing two parents so close together. It is normal to feel like we've entered another dimension after losing them. Nothing feels the same and it's very hard. You're so right that holidays and special days are especially hard. I hope you'll surround yourself with loving friends and family that can help with these moments. Having someone to talk to makes a big difference. For additional supports, I found this forum and others at Grief Healing Blog, What's Your Grief, and Grief in Common also very helpful.

Please know we are with you.

• Members

Sorry to hear of your loss. Losing both of your parents just hours apart is heartbreaking. Please know this is a safe space. There are people here who can relate to what you are going through. You are not alone. 

• Members

Dear DxB, I am so sorry for your loss. Holidays, special times, good and bad, everything just reminds you of everything that is gone. I can understand that it doesnt feel real, it doesn’t for it is unlike any other loss. Irreparable. Please keep talking about your feelings and dont bottle or suppress them. Thinking of you. 

• Members

I made it through the holidays, boy was it hard! I am still consumed by grief, and it is coming up on the year anniversary of their deaths, which I can tell already is going to be a tough time, basically the worst day of my entire life! I just do not know how to get past this. They say time heels all wounds, and for me this has been true up till now, Thanks for everyone’s thoughts!

• Members

I can't imagine your grief.  Losing both your parents so closely. My heart goes out to you. 

I've just lost my mum under 2 weeks ago..it's devastating. It was so quick...I feel heartbroken and I want to travel forwards in time, to when the pain is less. 

It's hard. 

Please be kind to yourself. You've been through a lot. 

• Members

Thank you T, I am truly sorry for the loss of your Mom, I know exactly what you mean about wanting to go forward in time. I can only say my thoughts are with you, and listen to your own advice, be good to yourself, allow yourself some distractions you enjoy when you can.

Archived