Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Daisy

dko

• Members

Hi Collette, 

Daisy was sitting in my lap watching me. I was trying to look around her to see what was on TV. She was always very funny when she would sit in my lap. If I leaned to try and look around her she leaned in the same direction. I was not sure if she was trying to be sure and get all of my attention of if she was just doing that I did. If I got up to get something in the kitchen she would follow me. She would sit and watch me get a drink of water or whatever I was doing. If I ate a snack when I would sit back down in the chair she would get back on my lap and lick my hand. She would use her nose to push my hand over so she could lick my fingers. I guess she was trying to get a taste of what I was eating. If I had something I thought she would like I would give her a little bite. She grabbed some broccoli I dropped one time and ran in to the bedroom with it. I thought she ate it but then I stepped on it later that night, she just chewed it up. I miss those days so much. After she got older and had problems with arthritis she stopped doing those things. When I see people post things on facebook about what their dogs do it makes me want to say something. They should enjoy them being young and doing things because when they get older and stop they will miss it. Daisy was a big barker and it never bothered me. She was just letting me know something was outside and in her yard. I hope she is okay, I worry about her so much. After being with me for 14 years I worried about her being scared and alone. I know she is not but I still could not help but think it. I was so protective of her and never wanted anything bad to happen. It really hurt because I could not do anything to help her. Now all I can do is remember the little things she did and miss her. 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for the heads up about Jackie Weaver, I'll look her up. Rebecca seems amazing, picking up on the birds. It's all these things I'm starting to realise that make each animal a little unique, some thing I'm realising more and more

• Moderators

@dko  Lost my post to you.  :(  Arlie also loved looking out the window, but never minded giving up his spot for the Christmas tree, he loved looking at it.  So hard that he's not here to enjoy it now.  

I feel it was fated for my husband and I to be together, and also Arlie, but I feel God also picked Kodie just for me at this time too, I could see that in time as I got to know him  AND he was conceived when Arlie died, born on my birthday, even his name was no coincidence!  Makes me wonder...someday I'll watch A Dog's Purpose, still a bit too fresh though.

• Members

Daisy stayed on the back of the couch pretty much all day while I was at work and some after I would get home. She could see the front yard and highway. She was always watching for the neighbor's daughter down the road to walk her dog. Even though Daisy saw the dog every day she barked like it was the first time they walked by. She did not like another animal being in the yard. When I would take her out she would make me let her go to ever place that dog had walked so she could smell around. If she was not ready to go to another place she would spread her legs and anchor herself until she was ready to move. I would just stand there and wait on her to get done smelling and then we would go to another place in the yard. I very much feel like Daisy was fated to be in my life, the way everything happened with her was more than just coincidence.

I have been missing her so much, the last few days have not been easy. This has been so difficult. I keep telling myself I will be with her again and that she is still watching over me. She can hear me talking to her and knows how much I miss her. I was so sure I was taking good care of her and she was going to live until she was 20. My sister had a Lasa opsa that lived until he was 22.   

• Members

I can just imagine you standing there for ages waiting for her to a move on. I was like that with Goldie, he'd anchor himself often. I didn't mind. I see so many walkers pulling their dogs, I always felt that when we were out we were out as equals, not like I was boss. Sometimes though he wanted to go one way and I said no we'll go this way, it's likes of this I regret as I'd not done as he wanted, if only I could have another walk 

• Members

Re reading the posts on this has made me see the heartache felt. I totally see that I can say something like you did all you could to others but I can't say it to myself. I can see outside but my own mind inside is all a jumble. I had a session online with a pet Bereavement counseller yesterday, she was lovely, and one next week. 

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Gary55 said:

I had a session online with a pet Bereavement counseller yesterday, she was lovely, and one next week. 

I'm glad.  I hope it helps you.

You guys are more patient than me...Arlie wasn't nearly as strong willed as Kodie, but Kodie plants his feet down and he also pulls me, has injured my tendons being stretched too much by pulling me up a steep embankment, I have to have better control of him at my age!  I do get impatient when it's pouring out rain and he stands there sniffing something for what seems like forever!

• Members
Collettesweetbear

Hi guys. Just wanted to give you the heads up I’m gonna go radio silent for a while if that’s ok. I’m having a really hard time right now. My first Christmas without Scooter and I put all the decorations away that I was going to do. Scooter always helped me and she would lay there for hours watching the lights twinkle on the tree. Eventually I would lay down by her and we watched the twinkle lights together. I really think that was one of her favorites. I really gave it the college try and did it all except tree. But, I put lights and Christmas ornaments everywhere I knew scooter loved. Today, I had a breakdown looking at all the twinkle we did together, it was our special thing. I broke down and put them all away. I really tried guys but, it was too much for me. I put everything away and sat on the couch and bawled all day my baby was gone. I have many many bad days but, today with the Christmas ornaments was too much to bear. Thank you everyone for all the love and support. You guys are the most caring loving people I ever met. I’m really honored you guys accepted me in the group and I truly don’t think I would have made it without you. My family live in different states and my mom side still all live in Hawaii, which I could go there to at least be with all my cousins and aunties and uncles. But, no flying because of Covid which I sadly understand it affects everyone wanting to see their grandparents and all the relatives. Right before Christmas, about now, we always have our traditional Hawaiian lūʻau. It’s a traditional Hawaiian party, that almost always has entertainment. Plenty food such as poi, kālua puaʻa (kālua pig), poke, lomi salmon, ʻopihi, and haupia, beer, and entertainment such as traditional Hawaiian music and hula. When you’re little you go to hula classes for years until teenager and of course some stay in it forever to do shows at the lūʻau’s and other events. I only went from small child through high school and didn’t want to keep doing hula forever. I have 2 cousins that stayed in hula and now they are grown up and semi-retired. Until one of them or both of them get called up there to dance. The looks on their faces is like hey we are retired. And, get dragged up there because everyone knows everyone Lolol. Anyway, I know different culture, you guys are thinking shut up already. but, that’s my home and I can’t go to see them this Christmas. [emoji26] stupid Covid. Cant go to the islands, Can’t see my family at Christmas like always, the love of my life, best friend and my baby is gone to heaven. Now I have no one. I’m so heartbroken. I’ll never get over Scooter, never. It’s like I now realize that when Scooter died she took my joy and happiness with her. Life looks totally different without her. I’m not the same, I feel like I’m just coasting through life now.
Anyway you guys. Thanks for letting me say my feelings and I am eternally grateful for all of the love and support. I can say with absolute confidence I wouldn’t had made it without you guys. And, may I please just say KayC you saved my life. You were the very first person that held out your hand to help me. I will appreciate that forever. Before I go silent for a while I just had to let you guys know I care about you guys a lot. You are the nicest people I’ve ever had the privilege getting to know and the pain that binds us together. I’ll be back guys when I can get myself more sorted. Until then Merry Christmas and Happy holiday. I’m praying 2021 will be much better.
Lots of love you guys. Take care and stay safe. And, thank you. Collette
P.s. if you need to talk to me please know I’m still here. Bless you guys.

• Members

Aww Collette, I do understand, thanks for saying you won't be around for a while, we would have worried. Christmas, the happiest time or the saddest. Lovely to hear about a Hawaiian Xmas celebration, the names mean nothing to me, but  it's obviously so enjoyable. My son and daughter are back with me and my wife but it will still be sad here. I've told them no Xmas music like Slade and all that stuff, but only carols and classics. Really can't do it all. Please take care, and hope to speak soon. Gary

• Members
Collettesweetbear

Thank you Gary. I really appreciate your kindness and warm words. Scooter died January 28, 2020. It’s creeping up to almost a year yet still feels like yesterday. Why did this beautiful baby kitten I could hold in one hand come into my life for 17 glorious years, slept on my chest for 17 years every night and I loved her more then life itself, only to leave and I’ll never see her again. And, I’m in this day after day of suffering. Can’t sleep at night, not eating probably. Yeah, I really need to try to work it out. Thanks again Gary. I’m so unhappy, I’m so sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Grieving.com

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Collettesweetbear said:

I’ll be back guys when I can get myself more sorted.

You will be missed, but I understand.  We have to do what we have to do to survive this, and it's different for all of us, what brings us comfort.  I've learned to listen to my inner self.  (((hugs)))

• Members
Collettesweetbear

Thank you KayC, I’ll miss talking with you everyday but, if you need anything, please let me know. I will still be reading the stories. Thank you for your wonderful friendship Kay. I am a better person knowing you. You have a kind warm heart.

• Members

I ended up talking to a psychologist through work, since I can use my insurance and do not have to pay a lot. I have talked to him before because of all of the stress at work. It did help some but talking to Rebecca helped me more. I am not really looking forward to Christmas this year, it will be my first Christmas without Daisy. I do have Teddy now but it's not the same. He does so many things that remind me of Daisy, things I had forgotten she did. He started sleeping next to me like she did when she was young. I created a document on little stories about Daisy and that has also helped me. Like getting through the ice storm in 2009. It was cold sleeping on my friends floor and that was the only time Daisy ever wanted under the covers. She stayed right beside me the whole time and never moved. I wish I could go back and relive those days again. 

• Moderators

That is so sweet, I love how in tune they are with us.  This morning I threw up, first time in years, I didn't have anything on my stomach, but I felt nauseous and knew I had to make a dash for it, Kodie would not leave my side.

I think it can be very therapeutic to write out stories with them, I did so of Arlie and Kitty.  He also went through the Snowpocolypse 2/24/19 on, it was terrifying and was not predicted to reach here, got 4'5" heavy wet snow, it froze to 19 degrees so you couldn't shovel it.  No sign of snowplows for days.  Electricity/water out over 8 days, no phone 18 days.  No internet either.  Cut off from the world, pitch black, food rotting (if you stick it outside it attracts wildlife), laid there three nights in a row listening to trees crashing all around us, waiting for one to strike us.  The entire yard was covered in trees, branches, debris.  No help cleaning it up.  They landed on both drives & fencing.  I am so glad Arlie was there with me, although I was worried about him.  This was a short few months before his cancer diagnosis.

• Members

Hi Kay, yes the sound of the tree limbs falling was bad. The tree next to myself just laid across the roof so it did not damage anything. While I was at my friends limbs where falling on her house. Daisy would jump every time one hit, that is probably why she stayed so close to me. When her power went out we moved to her coffee bar because the power lines were underground there and the power never went out. A woman that told me I should have left my dogs at my house, they would be okay in the cold. I got mad because I would never consider something like that. I would have stayed in my house if that had been the case. 

I am sure you miss Arlie as much as I miss Daisy. I have some good moments but then I think about her and it all starts over again. A song just came on the radio that made me think about her.  I keep telling myself that she is okay. It's just had because I can not go check on her. I can't pick her up and hold her. I tell myself that I may not be able to take her out in the yard here but she is laying in the sun where she is now. She is still getting to hunt for moles, she really enjoyed that. Last night when I let Teddy out he sat on the looking out through the rails on the deck. When I opened the door he came running and the sound of his feet sounded just like Daisy's when she would come running. She like to sit and look out because she could see in the neighbors yard and in the back yard.  I added a picture of Teddy I took yesterday, he is 5 months old now. 

teddy12.jpg

• Members

do you think you have the flu? it's starting to spread around here bad and people think they have covid.. they all want to be tested. 

• Moderators

OMG, this picture...he is adorable!!!  I feel the same and would not have left Arlie for anything during that storm, or Kitty either!  I remember what comfort it brought me to have him to hold onto, he was big, so I couldn't hold him on my lap (110 lbs) but just holding his barrel body meant everything to me.  Kodie is little so I can hold him and he likes to lay against me too.  I hope to never go through a storm like that again.  I don't know how people live in hurricane country, I've never had to go through that and to face it every year?  No thanks!  bad enough in the PNW with the wind storms we get.

On 12/19/2020 at 3:45 PM, Collettesweetbear said:

You have a kind warm heart.

So do you, my friend, so do you.

20 hours ago, dko said:

do you think you have the flu?

Nope, just was that once, no other symptoms, ate like normal the rest of the day, even had stuffed bell peppers, which would not have stayed down if I was sick.  No temp, nothing.  I'm pretty sure it had to be something I ate at the church the eve. before.

• Members
Collettesweetbear

Dko Teddy is absolutely beautiful doggie. Look at that face!

Hello guys, I’ll make is short.... reason I had to go radio silent for a bit is because I have Covid-19. I am very sick and weak. I can’t seem to type in one go, so this is like the 4th time typing. I am reading you guys so, don’t be shy. I love hearing about Arlie and Daisy. I’m sure AJWCat is here. Take care you guys. I have been coughing for days non stop. The doctor said I have the inflammation in my throat and all down esophagus. Because of this problem I will cough well after until the nerves calm down. Still have a pounding headache and fever. You guys know I have awful heart disease so, I am scared for pneumonia to creep in my lungs. The heart is totally connected along side of the lungs. Ok, can’t type anymore today, too dizzy. Take good care. [emoji173]️ Collette

• Members

Hi Kay, I am glad you are feeling better. I am sorry to hear you have Covid Colette. I hope you recover quickly from it. Take care of yourself and try not to let it get the best of you.

Teddy should be around 30-35 pounds when full grown, at least I hope he does not get bigger than that. His mother(american eskimo) was around 20 lbs and his father(mini Shepherd) 42 lbs. He was all blonde and white when he was born but he is slowly getting more black hair. He is very friendly and wants everyone to pet him. 

Daisy was very shy and nervous around people. That was one of the reasons I felt so protective of her. She would stay beside me the whole time if someone was in the house working on something. She would wag her tail but was kind of afraid to let them pet her. I kind of think the husband of the woman I got her from may have abused her. She was okay around women and loved children. She was scared of me when I first got her but she got over that pretty quick. I miss her so much and think about her all of the time. I wish I could pick her up and hold her again. 

• Members

Collette, and really sorry to hear you have covid. I hope you're feeling a little better since you posted this. Thinking of you just now. 

Teddy looks lovely, you are lucky to have him. 

• Members
Collettesweetbear

Hi Gary,

Thank you for your nice post. Still sick so far. The coughing is overwhelming. I have laryngitis now because of the continuing coughing. My doctor says almost all of his patients with the Covid have the same unrelenting cough. It’s awful. Thanks again.
Oh, Gary I believe Teddy belongs to dko. He really is cute right! Has the sweet eyes and smile. Take care.

• Members

Hi Collette sorry to hear you're still suffering. Sounds awful, I feel bad with sadness I couldn't imagine what I'd be like with other things too. 

Oh yes I knew Teddy was dko's just me not putting things in the right place! X

• Moderators

Collette, oh no!  I hope you recover completely and it doesn't drag out.  Do you have a humidifier to help with the breathing/cough?  Can you drink a tea with honey & lemon to help your throat?  I am so sorry!!

16 hours ago, dko said:

I kind of think the husband of the woman I got her from may have abused her.

I'm so sorry, my Lucky girl had been abused and rescued, then her owner went to prison and she was rehomed, then they gave her up, no idea why, she was a sweetheart, so obedient and well trained.  I had her until she was 14 1/2, so got her about 12 years or so.  She never got over being scared, insecure.  

Teddy is adorable!

• Members

When I got Daisy and found out how good she was I just took it as their loss. I am just glad I got to her when I did, the vet should have never agreed to put her to sleep. I guess because she had a broken leg and had to be taken to a specialist they agreed. I am glad I was able to give her almost 15 years of life, it just wasn't log enough. I know she was hurting and everything and she isn't anymore. I just keep telling myself that is what was important and I just have to live without her. I pray every day that when my life is over I am back with her again. I would have done anything in the world and I hate it that she was hurting. She did not deserve any of that. I have questioned if she would have had those issues if I had stopped her from jumping around so much.. but there is no way I could have stopped her. If I did see her getting ready to jump off of the couch or bed I would grab her and put her on the floor. I would carry her down the stairs and she wanted to go back up them on her own and I would grab her and carry her back up them, even if it made her mad. She still kissed my cheek, I think she knew I was helping her. 

Teddy has been a good one so far. The vet's and daycare staff have commented on how good his manners are. I just hope that stays with him and he does not change when he gets older. I read so many things on facebook about people having issues with their puppies. I was worried about getting one because of that but so far I have no had to deal with anything they are. I already leave him out free to roam when I go to the store. He has not gotten into anything while I am gone so I hope that continues. 

• Members

Teddy had all of Daisy's old toys out of the basket and spread out on the living room floor. It is so hard to look at some of them because of the memories of how she used to play with them. One of them is missing all of the stuffing, I tried to put the stuffing back in and sew it up, she made a new hole and pulled it all back out again. This is just so hard to deal with, as I am sure it is with everyone that lost a pet or someone. I still talk to her several times a day, I just want her to hear my voice. She was always with me when I was at home and I have to believe she is still with me, but in a different way. 

• Moderators

I went through that with Kodie.  He's pulled the stuffing out of everything he has.  He still plays with them even though they're all rags now, he chews on them.  He loves them though so I'll let him keep them until he stops playing with them.  He's very well behaved except when we walk, he pulls hard and acts like he's on steroids!  Am hoping it'll change as he matures, he was a year old on Oct. 7.

• Members

Daisy pulled at her leash really bad when I first got her, I was not walking fast enough for her. She did calm down unless there was a place she really wanted to smell.  Teddy has not done that but I have him on a harness, he would not walk with the leash attached to his collar. I kept most of Daisy's toy's, there are a few she completely destroyed so I threw them away. I have bought a few new ones, Teddy has not started pulling the stuffing out of them yet. He likes to make them squeak, that is the part Daisy wanted to get to. 

• Members
Collettesweetbear

Hi everybody. Thought I would jump in to say hello. I’m still a bit sick but, my 102 fever is down which helped the monster headache go away. Thank goodness for that it was having a brain freeze that kept hanging on. So, if anyone wants to know the steps. I started out with a sore throat. Not real bad it was pretty ok...until it wasn’t. It went from coasting ok to a big drop fast. My throat was on fire...kinda like when you get strep throat. In my case which is not common, I have acid reflux disease which I’ve been taking meds for years when it flares up. Well, somehow that awful Covid attacked my throat and here came the acid reflux. So, don’t be worried about that. The reason my throat was on fire wasn’t the Covid (my doctor said most people get a mild to medium soar throat. I now have Esophagitis. Which means I can’t swallow, I try but my brain says no because of all the inflammation in the throat and esophagus. I have ulcers all down my throat into my esophagus because the acid was burning my tissues and we couldn’t get that acid reflux under control. Now that was a nightmare. If I can’t swallow then I have to go in surgery to have an endoscopy. Put me to sleep and send a tiny surgical camera. Everyone say a prayer for me that the acid didn’t destroy too much tissue. I have an IV right now which mimics food and water I guess. Anywho, but no Covid does not give anyone this issue. I suffer from uncontrolled Acid reflux that I wasn’t able to sort it out come Covid time. The acid is now sort of under control so, my throat feel much better. Just can’t swallow..yet. I didn’t get pneumonia in my lungs thank goodness. Oh, we do get a high temperature. And headache server in my cause but, very mild if not at all. I have malaise. Which is a kinda give up not fight for the help to get better, weakness. I did have a pneumonia shot last year which probably saved me in the lungs issues. Didn’t like being in the hospital because I was scared of everyone with the Covid. My sister said “which includes you” my sister is so funny. I wrote on a paper “I love you, Lori but, if you keep making laugh out ya go” and then she laugh. You once you are to sick at home to isolate you are forced to go to the hospital. Really my only problem is my throat. My doc said the inflammation takes a good while for the nerves In there calm down. Could take a while because the and, here’s the biggest one “ the relentless coughing” I am coughing all day all night. He said that is going to continue until I can swallow. Ok, sorry I bored everyone. I guess when a person does get Covid, you’re kinda scared but, it really not that bad. I’ve had strep throat with high fever many times, this was kinda like that. So, short story Looooonnng! Lolol. You guys ok? I just saw a little tidbit of the post. You guys taking a break? How is Kodie KayC? How about Dko Teddy? Gary you doing ok? AWCat u doing ok? I guess tomorrow is Christmas. How’s everyone about Christmas? Well, for me I’m still crying just can’t mouth so I just let the tears run down on my face. Thank all You guys for supporting me. I hope everyone is Not sick and doing ok. Be safe my terrific friends. Merry Christmas to all. I know my Christmas isn’t the same without scooter. She always loved the lights. Me, I kinda feel like someone came along and blew my light out, as soon as scooter left. That very moment my light went out.

• Members

Collette, lovely to hear from you. So glad that high fever has subsided a bit. An awful combination, covid and acid reflux. If you're coughing all the time that's not so good but once a throat is irritated and inflamed it seems to go on. Heres praying things continue to improve quickly. I get acid reflux a lot. Now it's nothing like what you have, but I think I need to watch. I've had it on and off for ages. Sometimes nothing for weeks and weeks then it's back, maybe briefly maybe several nights. I always have antacids by my bed and gaviscon. I had it the night before last, woke with the burning. I do sometimes have a beer in the evening but even if I had it doesn't mean I get it. I never eat spice at night. So I never know if I'm going to get igt one night or not. Anyway, so far it's not that bad for me. 

Xmas day and I've never felt less like it. I would have been away out with Goldie a few times as usual today, I miss the interaction with people and the dogs, he was so well known. And wishing people a happy Xmas. I've my wife son and daughter here but I feel alone, weird. I dreamt of him last night, he crossed a road when off the lead, he was a menace! A bit later I heard him barking, like a let's get out bark, it was lovely. I hope you all have a nice day, well as nice as possible. Thinking of you all

• Members
Collettesweetbear

Hi Gary, listen first and foremost try as best you can to get that acid reflux in my case (GERD) under control. I took Nexium (the purple pill) for many years, then it stopped working. Then Prevacid, then Prilosec, Zegerid, and now Protonix. Some helped but, most I took for years and it stopped working. The Protonix seems to be helping so, he upped it to twice a day. Well, before I got the Covid it was not controlled yet and we were working on the acid issues. It would come up so high that the acid shoot up my esophagus and into my mouth. Yuck GERD in your mouth is not good for it to shoot that high up. Ugh. Then I got a sore throat which was too much to bear...our next step was that procedure endoscopy. And, wham I went down hill. He wanted me to have a Covid test to rule that out. Well, it came back positive. By then it was too late the GERD was pretty bad. Then getting a sore throat from the Covid it shot off a chain of events. So, since you have acid reflux Gary, if it was me (.of course it was me) Lol then no more Walgreens over the counter. Once you have your next flare go to your doctor and get prescription strength. Or even now if you have that gut feeling it might start up again. Covid itself is kinda a really bad flu feeling and most of us had the flu and srep throat. So, it’s mild I think but, underlining conditions not so good. That Covid attract my throat and exasperated the acid reflux to a level I don’t want to ever experience again. Can’t swallow at this point. Oh, man they will give me a feeding tube next in your stomach. I’m scared because I don’t want that. Ok, as a preventive you guys if any one deals with acid reflux please, please get it sorted out with your doctor for Rx. But, you don’t have to go, just my opinion of course.

• Members
Collettesweetbear

Merry Christmas all. And family too. Even if I can not be with my baby scooter. I miss her so much. It really hurts [emoji26]

• Members

Hi Collette thank you for the advice I'd not herd the term GERD bdfore. I'd better start to do something. When I get it, it's when I'm sleeping, then I wake thinking I'm choking and the pain, and it is right up my nose and seems everywhere. Takes me about an hour to get myself clear of it, then the next day I'm sore. Thanks for the advice. I knew nothing about it. Got some presents today, but none of it means anything 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Collettesweetbear said:

GERD was pretty bad.

You may need to see a specialist and figure out what foods you can tolerate and what you cannot.  She can have rice and potatoes, few veggies, some meat, no spices.  She's on this for life, to compound things further, she's diabetic so the potatoes & rice caused her to have to go back on diabetic medications.  Gosh, what we do to live!  I'm glad you got relief on the fever & headache and hope your throat continues to heal.  I hope they're giving you some kind of treatment for it.  If you're on antibiotics, you'll need to rebuild your gut afterwards...over prescribed antibiotics is what destroyed my sister's gut.

Wishing you all something good in today.  Getting ready to leave to my son's, must get Kodie up & walk him.

• Members
Collettesweetbear

Hi KayC...hi everybody. Checking in to see how you’re doing? I’m feeling better. Still have the cough that doesn’t want to leave. I’ve also lost my taste and smell. My doc says that the can’t taste or smell is happening more and more. Some people it comes back and some it’s been a year and they still cannot smell anything or taste a thing. Fingers crossed mine comes back. Ugh Covid go away!!!!

• Members

Oh my gosh @Collettesweetbear I've been trying to catch up on all the threads here. You have covid?? And it sounded pretty bad there for a bit. Interesting that you lost your taste/smell after having so many other symptoms. I've read for many people, that is the very first thing that they notice. Anyway, I hope you turn the corner quickly and feel better.

I wish I had checked in on you, I figured that Christmas would be very very hard for you. We adopted the girl cat we have now a week before it would have been the 1st Christmas without the cat we lost. :(

So, I guess I was a little comforted having her even though my heart still ached. 
Holidays always have such deep rituals and just remind us yet again of their absence and how much they are missed. I am so so sorry. 

• Members
Collettesweetbear

Thank you AJWCat and Gary55. Still sick and can’t stop coughing. Missing my Scooter a lot. [emoji20]

• Moderators

I'm glad you're feeling even a little better and I hope your smell/taste return!  Hope you can keep eating regardless, you need your strength.  Did the doctor prescribe anything for the cough?

• Members
Collettesweetbear

Hi KayC, yes he gave me some cough syrup with like Tylenol 3. It does help quiet the cough. It’s a dry cough and at this stage my stomach hurts from all the coughing. Ugh

Archived