Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Mom passed away the 29th of last month,

Tony King

• Members

Don't know what to say, am hoping to be able to relate with people about loss, loved my mom very much and did my best to honor her.didnt agree with her choices as alcohol was the cause of her death. 

• Members

Dear Tony,

My deepest sympathies and condolences. I'm so sorry for your loss. 

It's really hard and I too struggle with the choices my dad made and how stubborn he was. 

For additional supports I find these websites are very helpful as well.

Grief in Common

Grief Healing Blog

Grief Recovery Method

Grief Share.

Please know we are with you.

• Members

Ty, will check into them, small town where I live there isn't much support for things like this and dad is awfully unhealthy as well. Just my sister and me. Doing best that we can

• Members

I'm hear you and it's really hard even in big towns. I find people in general don't know what to say or what to do to be supportive and comforting. It's hard to find people that  are willing to listen and offer a kind word.

Grief in Common is also offering some online support groups and one on one grief support. And there are also some grief support groups on Facebook that I also tried.

Thinking of you and your sister.

• Members
Nicole-my grief journey

Tony I’m sorry for your loss. Losing my mom was different from any death I experienced and so painful. We too are doing the best we can. Sometimes it’s so quiet and I miss her in so many ways. You have m empathy.

• Members

Ty Nicole, was expecting this or both of them, but still hurts bad non the less.been a lot of death here the last 2 years and I gotta say, I'm tired of mourning people. Dad is 300 miles away with sis dealing with an aneurysm and beings I'm sick couldn't make the trip. Plus covid has really spiked here and I'm trying to be safe. Off work for now and thought I would seek some help with the last 10 years I've had to deal with.

• Members
Tiffany 422187

Hi Tony,

I hope today brings moments of peace. Feeling like you don't have support is such a painful place.

These recommendations have helped me: 

Make a list of the things you enjoy but might consider a luxury like taking a hot bath, reading a good book, creating a bullet journal, taking an afternoon nap, talking with a friend, listening to a podcast, or taking a leisurely walk through the park. Do your best to carve out time to do one of those each week.

Or go out and get some exercise; break a few pieces of ceramic tile and construct a beautiful mosaic; or, give your house a thorough cleaning. Find something physical to do that will release your feelings. You'll have an outlet and do something good for yourself at the same time.

I'm sending positive thoughts your way. 

Tiffany

• Members

Ty, Tiffany, I have my motorcycles, but now, just not interested, trying to get rid of this crud that I caught. Running low on energy and patience. Have to return to work wed night. Been trying to deal with this while I'm home. Moms urn is with me at my house and I'm getting used to that, and the smaller world that I have now, gonna be a hard and different winter this year, but, she's in no more pain, and her battles are over now. I just have to get used to her not being here. And trying to help dad survive without her.

• Members
Tiffany 422187

I'll save hope that one day you'll wake up and it'll be a lovely day and a ride on your motorcycle will feel good.

• Members

Dear Tony, I am so sorry for your loss and that you have spent years mourning people. It’s very painful and sad. I have read here that with time you get used to anything. I hope you get the strength to be there for your father and sister. My words might sound empty but please know that we understand your feelings and pain all too well. And empathise. I am so sorry.

• Members

I'm thankful for the time I got to spend with her,  and it's not -20 below with a lot of snow on the ground. Just going hour by hour for now and helping dad when I can. I've read some stories on this site and they're some strong people here and say thank you for all of you and this site. Nice to know I'm not as alone as I feel. 

Archived