Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Chat: alternate and totally unofficial chat room for the site

widower2

• Moderators

I think this got lost in the other thread, so FWIW - while I appreciate the chat thing they have here, it does't work well for me, and I found that this worked better (free, no registration required just hop on):  EDIT NEW LINK http://www.chatzy.com/51955090651171

I try to log in off and on and everyone is welcome to use as you wish or coordinate a group chat etc

• Like 3

• Moderators

Logged on FWIW. Will stay on and check back off and on. Hope y'all have something fun or at least distracting planned this weekend and esp the holiday. I'm flying solo but insist on still having a turkey dinner so making do :)

PS if you do, say something; it shows me when someone does, but if you just pop in, I don't see it (with the window minimized)... 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Am on for awhile FWIW. Sorry, did not care for the new (or the old) chat thing.

• Like 1

• Moderators

The old link no longer works - here's a new one if anyone interested. Maybe we could set up a time that's considered the "main chat time" if people can make-? Though of course it will vary. Say 9 PM EST?

http://www.chatzy.com/51955090651171

• Like 2

• Members

I might have to try this after I get moved. Could be helpful to talk to friends on here. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

Why wait? I'm on now for awhile if anyone interested :)

• Like 1

• Members

I hope to join chat after I get my own place. Because I am living in someone else's home, my time on the computer is limited right now. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

Sorry to hear that Kay. Sounds like you're using the phone to connect to the net-? 

• Like 1

• Moderators

No, I'm grandfathered in on an old slow speed internet plan the gov't helped fund (they no longer do but the internet provider still honors the amount at $40/month although I have to pay and extra $9/month to have the ability to get help when it's not working. ;)  I'm out in the mountains/country and don't have much choice.  One of the drawbacks but I'd rather have the beauty, scenery, wildlife, safety, and sense of community I have here than the conveniences of city life.  When we moved here it was before internet or cellphones so not a consideration 45 years ago!

• Like 1

• Moderators

Oh geez....I'd keep checking though, who knows, maybe there are (or will be) internet options now that weren't there before? I'm limited too, and on a DSL plan, not exactly blazing speed :)  But most of the time I don't need blazing speed so it's good enough (knock on wood!). 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Spectrum is new to our neighborhood...at a cost.  I try to live within a strict budget is why I haven't made the leap.  I'm not a techie and sometimes I just feel weary of all the constant changes and everything I have to deal with, 16 years of being on my own, I feel it.

• Like 2

• Members

Question:  What do people usually chat about on there? And is it for all forms of grief or is it conversation about everything and anything?  

• Like 1

• Moderators

Anything. It's for literally what it says: chat. It can be grief, or life, or movies, or the weather, or ice cream. :) 

• Like 1