Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Joy and sadness

MODArtemis2019

• Members
MODArtemis2019

Pennsylvania resident here.  Tuesday was such an unexpectedly emotional day. Standing in line two hours to vote (because I wasn't going to take a chance on the mail-in ballot), I felt like I was voting for my husband, as well as for myself and our country. 

Then yesterday we learned that our country had chosen two decent and capable people to lead us for the next four years. It was the best news I've had in a long time. Tears of joy, for this positive step forward. And tears of sadness because I couldn't share it with my husband. But maybe he knows, because I had two signs during the week that "everything is going to be alright," which is what he used to say to me whenever I was worried. Yesterday, I talked to him through my tears like I always do. We did it, babe. We did it. 

• Administrators

Artemis2019,

I love the thought of JOY in your title of this post. I think we have forgotten to look for JOY. Even something simple like adding chocolate chips to your banana bread because it makes you happy is a form of JOY. I would encourage others to post what their JOY is here in this thread. One piece of JOY i am looking forward to his the holiday lights. Where I live the sun goes down now by 4:30 at night. This leaves a ton of time at night to see the lights twinkle. It brings a smile to my face.

Kelly

Archived