Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Covid and Suicide

Guest audrey dee

• Guests
Guest audrey dee

Isolation and financial loss are key triggers for increased risk of suicide.  I have heard of several incidents of suicide brought on by the grief of Covid.  I recently learned that we are facing loosing everything that we have worked for during the past forty years.  I feel emotionally broken. Financial loss is shameful and hidden.  I have a wish that I could cease to exist but it is only a wish as I have three supportive grown daughters and a one year old granddaughter.  I have looked for stories of hope that I will get through this but so far have found nothing.  I know that with economic downturns in the past others have gone through this and recovered emotionally.  It would be so helpful to connect with people who have experienced a similar loss.  It is concerning that I cannot seem to find a social safety net to support people experiencing this type of loss.  I have family support but it is concerning that many people do not.  This feeling of hopelessness is awful.   Just wondering if anyone knows of online support groups.  I know that many people close to retirement have been victims of fraud.  I would like to learn how they emotionally healed from it.  Both suicide and financial grief are disenfranchised and it is proving to be very difficult to find support.  Financial grief is shameful and many people hide their pain and suffer alone.  I believe if they could find support it would save lives. 

Archived