Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I lost my mom this year

Kelly071120

• Members

My mother was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in January of this year, and she passed away on July 11. I don't know how to get through it. I don't even understand how people do. Everyday I just wanna give up and be with her

• Members

I am so sorry. I did as well. I too am struggling with her loss. 

• Members

I am sorry for your loss. I lost my beautiful mother to a stroke on Aug 6, 2020 while I was 24 weeks pregnant. It’s really hard, I have days where I can’t breath. My only advice for you is take it one day at a time. I feel when you say give up and be with her but I also know our mothers don’t want us to give up. My mother was a strong women I have seen her face so many challenges and come out on the other side. Do it for your mom, make her proud. 

• Members

I'm so sorry. I also have grief and I understand how hard it is. Try to think that now your mom is in a better place, having fun, and she misses you.

• Members

I just made a therapy appointment for grief counseling. Maybe you should look into this. Did she have Hospice? They do grief counseling. I too have days that I don't want to be here. I lost my 14 y.o niece to suicide, my sister was murdered by her husband and my dad died 4 months after her. My daughter was diagnosed with a rare progressive disease called Sneddon Syndrome and connective tissue disease, my mom was diagnosed with Lewy Body Dementia and went to a nursing home, broke her hip and femur and died 5 days later. I was not able to see her because of COVID but they let me in and I held her hand for 1.5 hours until she died. I have so much guilt. All So I finally made an appt for counseling. Maybe you should try this as well. 

• Members

I lost my mom unexpectedly September 30, 2020. Your mom’s loss is hard. Every single day I have some moments where I feel like I want to give up. Hopefully this site will help you see that you are not alone. And keep trying to fight for life no matter how hard it can be. I’ve been doing therapy sessions. And I also find it helps when I talk about my mom just to other people. 

Archived