Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I've lost both my parents this year

Peony

• Members

My mum passed away in January traumatically and my dad just passed away 2 weeks ago after a long illness.  I have been non stop busy arranging the funeral and running on adrenaline but now I can feel the loss hit me and I am feeling adrift.  I have to stay strong for my brother, we do not have many other family.  I have posted on here before after my mums death, I know all i am feeling is normal....I'm just so upset and miss them both so much.  Life will be so different now and it will take me a long time to recover.  I'm worried that this will be too much for me to come back from.

• Members

Peony,

So sorry for your loss! I know you will always miss your parents. Both of my parents passed so I know this is a difficult time. 

• Members

Dear Peony,

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of both your parents. Keep taking it day by day. Grief is a long and difficult journey but you'll make it. We all carry our losses with us but we will survive and keep taking steps forward and that is what matters.

My thoughts are with you.

• Members

thank you both for replying, it helps to hear reassurance like that.  I think it will take me a long time to recover emotionally from this but i will take one day at a time...i tend to overwhelm myself with dwelling on the years ahead and all the things my parents will not be here for.

Archived