Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of my twin my brother

Diana Cobain

• Members

This is a different type of grief then most people express on this website. It is a grief of someone who is very much alive. I lost my brother due to an abusive relationship. I feel such a sense of guilt and remorse because I introduced him to the most horrible person that my mind can ever think of. I had a highly unstable friend with narcissistic personality disorder with whom my brother became infatuated with. I thought it was going to be nothing other than just a crush. Back in 2018 my brother had gotten into a relationship with her while she was engaged and sleeping with a completely different man. Eventually I stopped being her friend and then she broke up with my brother. While she was with my brother and her fiancée at the same time she was verbally and physically and mentally abusive to my brother. As of present day, she came into my life again and I had forgiven her against my better judgement. Round 2 happened. My brother clearly doesn’t see his worth and was suffering two years without this relationship. Now it has gotten even worse . She used me to get to my brother and then made my brother cut off me and the rest of my family. My brother and I were inseparable. He is not literally my twin but him and I are inseparable. He was the peanut butter to my jelly . The pea in my pod and my best friend in the entire world. There’s not a day we didn’t talk whether he was at work or at home. We spent every waking moment together. I can’t fathom the idea of a life without my brother although I know I have to. This is the deepest level of pain I have ever felt. I simply am posting this just to express how I feel over this loss. I never hope anyone has to go through this type of pain. It scares me to know that no one has access to him and he’s being abused. He has no family and no friends, only her. 

Archived