Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Best Friend

Choli

• Members

My mom was my best friend. She was everyone’s best friend. Truly the greatest person who would do anything for anyone. I talked to her every single day. We texted every single day. She passed away unexpectedly while taking her afternoon nap. Honestly, that is the only thing giving me the slightest amount of peace. I don’t know how to cope, I don’t want to go on and it has only be 17 days. I can’t imagine feeling like this for the rest of my life. I am only 30. She will not  get to see me marry my fiancé (who she loved) or see her grandkids. I have no idea who to turn to that will give me the best advice and the best hugs. I know I have to be patient with myself but I don’t know how. I am angry at God and everyone.  

• Members

Dear Choli,

(((hugs))) I'm so sorry for your loss.  Please know we are with you.

It is normal and natural to be raw during this very sad and difficult time. Keep trying to take it moment by moment. For myself the first year was the hardest of my life after losing my dad. I hope you can turn to some trusted friends and family for support.  Please know there are supports in the community and through church. 

Sending my thoughts and prayers.

• Members

Dear choli, I am so sorry for your loss. It hurts pretty badly. And I can well relate to the anger, I think that everyone feels this way. Especially when there are milestones that cannot be shared that you know would have meant so much. It hurts very badly. And knowing how this is always how it will always be, for any happiness or sadness that comes our way. Its hard. Sending you love and prayers. 

Archived