In our beautiful Gallery

Grief Support Marketplace

Check Our New Products In The Marketplace

Take Grieving.com on the Go!

Buy on Apple and Google Play
New Members - Check Your Spam/Junk Folder for Confirmation Email ×

• Members
AJWCat

Just want to add to the discussion - my "new" cat we've had for 3 years now we adopted about 3-4 months after losing our other one. It made me even more aware of our loss, getting another cat. It was a hard. I didn't want to fall in love w/ her. SO scared. Of course, I have. 

It doesn't diminish the memory for me. If anything I am so glad I can care for another animal that needed a home. There are so many. The memory and the loss of our cat stays with me, will never be replaced. 

• Like 1
  • Members
KayC
13 hours ago, AJWCat said:

It was a hard. I didn't want to fall in love w/ her. SO scared. Of course, I have. 

I can so relate!

• Like 1
  • Members
Collettesweetbear

Yeah, Arlie and Daisy are so sweet and happy eyes and smiling. Now that would really give comfort if my doggie was smiling like Arlie and Daisy. I love cats too. No one could replace scooter so, I’m torn cat or dog? Dog or cat? Either way I would love them. So scared to love that deeply again. Sometimes, even now it feels like it’s not real she’s gone. 🥺

Sent from my iPhone using Grieving.com

• Like 1
  • Members
KayC

One will call to you someday and you'll know.  Do not be afraid to love, otherwise grief holds it's power over you, over your ability to live and love.  If one chooses not to have an animal, that's one thing, but don't ever let fear be your guide.  ;)

:wub:

• Like 1
  • Members
Collettesweetbear

Thank you KayC. I hear what you’re saying and I agree with you completely. It’s my heart that won’t let go of scooter. I kinda thought I was finished with the grieving but, then wham its back. I look to the future and she’s not in it. My future seems empty without her.

• Like 1
  • Members
KayC
11 hours ago, Collettesweetbear said:

It’s my heart that won’t let go of scooter.

You don't have to ever let go of her.  I never will.

• Members

I know I will never let go of Daisy. I know she will always be with me and on my mind. It is still so hard to adjust to her not being here, I miss her so much. 

• Like 1
  • Members
AJWCat

I know @Collettesweetbear - I probably wasn't ready for another cat when I got the one we have now. I mean, I was crying the aisles of the pet store buying her supplies and toys because our sweet "C" cat was gone. So it was weird. But life for me = a cat in it. So, as scared and sad as I was, we adopted her. It's been almost 3 years. I can barely believe it because the horrible night our cat got sick is etched in my mind like it was yesterday.

My broken heart has in part been mended with time and with this new cat's help. It's not felt like a replacement in any way though. 

• Like 2
  • Members
Collettesweetbear

AJWCat,

Awe, thank you for sharing. Poor thing walking the aisle crying while buying things for your new kitty 🥺 that would be me. Actually, this morning when I woke up I cried. I miss scooter so much. She was such a dream and so sweet. I was so happy for 17 years and in one night it changed to unbearable pain. It’s been like that ever since. So weird how you’re living your life happy as a clam and then they have to leave and your life has been changed forever. Not being able to see her face or hold her in my arms and kiss her is

• Like 1
  • Members

Yep. It was Saturday, we were grilling dinner outside on the BBQ, this warm summer night, looking forward to a wonderful evening and next thing I know I hear my cat crying. 

One night, everything changes.

It won't always be this way. I hate to repeat "it takes time" over and over. But it does. :( Scooter was that special so you'll forever be changed by the loss. But you will survive. You will. 

• Like 2
  • Members
On 10/23/2020 at 6:40 AM, Collettesweetbear said:

So weird how you’re living your life happy as a clam and then they have to leave and your life has been changed forever.

This...that's how it was for me and Arlie only I had to watch him going downhill and suffering first, it was such a shock, I'd hoped he'd live to 14, not 11 1/2.

Sorry I could respond earlier, my internet went out and they wouldn't answer the phone.

• Members
Collettesweetbear

How’s everyone doing tonight? I hope all is well. I did pretty good the last few days. Thinking about scooter and our fun times together. There are loads of fun times I shared with baby scooter. And, then I wake up this morning and wham! All the grieving stages coming back “Again”. How could I have done so well the past few days? Thinking of all the good times together. Today lots of sadness and some crying saying “I miss you scooter” I bet I must have said I miss you scooter over and over today.

• Like 1
  • Members
Redeemed

Yes, it's always up and down.  I go for a few hours ok then fall apart for a bit, then I'm ok for a little while.  It definitely comes in distinct waves.

• Like 1
  • Members
KayC
16 hours ago, Collettesweetbear said:

I wake up this morning and wham! All the grieving stages coming back “Again”. How could I have done so well the past few days?

It does that, it comes in waves.  Thank God for the reprieves, we need them!  

• Members

Hello, I am the same way. When I think about the good times it makes me really miss Daisy. When I would hide her pill in brown swagger I would dance a little when I would give it to her. She would bark at me, I guess telling me to hurry. Any time I danced in front of her she barked at me.. maybe she was telling me I could not dance. It was like she knew I was doing things to aggravate her and she figured it out and barked at me. I really miss when I sit in the recliner and she does not walk along the back of the couch and lay on the armrest to be close to me. I even bought a extra wide recliner so she could sit next to me. I miss her so much and all of the little things that she used to do.