Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Adult experienced childhood loss of both parents

Tiedye2020

• Members

I’m new and want to meet individuals who have similar experiences.  I was wondering if there are online support groups for adults who have loss both parents during their childhood?  Is there anyone who is an only child and lost both parents before they were 18 like to connect? I compartmentalized to get through and now trying to process my complicated grief.  Any suggestions or connections would be amazing. Thanks!

• Members

Dear Tiedye2020,

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of both your parents. My story is different but I do want to share some different websites that might be able to offer some options as well.

Grief in Common - is currently offering group support and there is also a live chat and option to sign up for individual grief support. 

https://www.griefincommon.com/pages/Grief-Coaching/

I also found the sites Grief Healing Blog and What's Your Grief to be helpful.

• Members

Hi Reader,

Thanks for sharing these resources and information with me.  I greatly appreciate it!  

• Members

Hi Tiedye2020,

You're very welcome.  I hope they give you comfort and support. I forgot to say there are also some free Grief Support groups on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/grief.support.groups/

I tried one and found it was generally a supportive place but I left after a while.  Please know different things work for different people.

My thoughts are with you.

• Members

Thanks for the additional information.  I checked out one of the resources you provided and started reading "The Grief Recovery Handbook."  It has been really informative so far.  I also plan to attend a virtual death cafe.  I appreciate both of your responses.  

Archived