Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

First Wedding Anniversary

KMM

• Members

Tomorrow is the first wedding anniversary since my husband’s death. While I dread the approach of the holidays I know that my children, my young grandchildren and friends will gather and be supportive. Our wedding anniversary is different and that is because it was our celebration of us and what we had achieved as a couple and we did something special each year to commemorate”us” whether it was spending a quiet evening together at home to a trip to Italy. I’m a planner and tomorrow’s plan has been not to have a plan and not to have expectations. I am so grateful for our time together and what we both learned and taught each other about the meaning of love. I know that he would not want me to be so sad and would want me to try and find a way forward which I am doing...slowly...Love is caring for your partner so much that you want them to enjoy life to the fullest even if you are not able to be with them. Thus, I want to know he is ok and is enjoying his new home and I know with all my heart that he wants the same for me...I just have to keep reminding myself.
So...in channeling my partner and friend tomorrow’s plan is to continue to try and find a way forward and to honor what he taught me about love and life and what we taught each other. Cheers to my angel in heaven...

• Members
MODArtemis2019
On 9/27/2020 at 9:30 AM, KMM said:

So...in channeling my partner and friend tomorrow’s plan is to continue to try and find a way forward and to honor what he taught me about love and life and what we taught each other. Cheers to my angel in heaven...

Finding the way forward is the job for all of us here. I think it's wonderful that you choose to focus on honoring your love and commitment to each other on this very special day, in whatever way feels right to you. Maybe just in your thoughts, maybe in some other way.

Archived