Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Losing my son

Linda Nannah

• Members

I lost my son, Tyler on August 2nd, 2020.  He had just been released from jail on Friday, July 31st.  We spent the day together and I dropped him off at a hotel that he wanted to go to because it was on the bus line as he didn’t have a license.  I asked him if he wanted to stay with us and he said no because he had been surrounded by people for the past 6 months and wanted some down time.  We got the call that Sunday.  He had completed rehab at a wonderful place in Warren, Ohio and was living in a sober house.  Two days after he moved in, he went on a job interview and the kid he was with got pulled over for expired plates.  He had an old warrant and it was found so he got arrested.  When he got out, he wanted to go back to Warren, but his PO said he was being color coded.  So, he had to call in every night and if his color got called, he had to be there at 8am the next morning for a drug test.  Warren is an hour away so getting there would be a problem.  So he stayed close.  He could also get to his PO’s office because it was right on the bus line.  I have no idea what happened between Friday night and Sunday, and at this point, it doesn’t matter because he isn’t coming back.  Part of my heart died that day and I need to figure out where to put all this sadness.  I loved him so very much and worked so hard at trying to help him fight this demon.  Many, many sleepless  nights worrying where he was, if he was eating, etc.  I don’t wrestle with guilt as I did everything humanly possible to help him and was always there for him.  But the loss of him is overwhelming at times and just when I think I’m getting a littler better, I get hit hard again.  There seems to be no end to these tears.

1F3882FE-32CC-498C-BBC8-D776A4352B17.jpeg

• Members

I am so very very sorry to hear about the loss of your precious son. I just lost my daughter who was 39 years old on August 23 of this year to a heroin overdose. It is the worst pain a parent will ever have to deal with in their life. I am like you I think I am doing good and then all of a sudden maybe I hear a certain song or smell some thing that reminds me of her and I break down. I know it is going to take a long time to heal from this. My husband and I have her six-year-old daughter to raise. As she lost her father to an overdose when she was only six months old. Thank God this poor innocent child has her grandfather and I. She also has her uncle Nicholas which was my daughter GINA‘s twin brother. I pray that you get peace in this very hard time. Please reach out to me if you would like to talk anytime. I’m sure I could use someone to talk to also.

• Members

I would love to talk.  I could always use someone who knows what I’m going through and we could help each other

Archived