Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my 15 year old son tragically in February

mamabear83

• Members

I thought in time I would heal and feel better somehow...But it feels like yesterday...it's hard to find counseling and support with the CO-VID.  Now I'm raising my 8 year son alone, who witnessed it...I'm so lost

• Members
Mason’s Mom

mamabear83, time does seem to have different meaning and feelings after the loss of a  child. I  lost my 21 year old son, December 17, 2017. There are times when the pain feels so fresh that I can't wrap my head around the fact that we are approaching the 3 year mark.  Then there are times when I think HOW can it be close to 3 years since I last hugged and told him I  loved him. The pain can feel so new and at the same time so very long ago. 

Covid, has certainly changed the way we grieve. This is a good place for understanding as we have all experienced the pain of loss. It is new for you, but you can find comfort and support from others who are farther in their journey. 

May you and your 8 year old find peace and comfort. 

Carol

• Members

I am so sorry for your loss.  This is still so raw and fresh.  I remember feeling so raw the first 12 months.  I don't really remember much about the first year to be honest.  It has been 6 years 4 months now since I lost my son and dad in a tragic accident  I never really recovered from that day and don't expect to.  I loved my son more than anything he was my one and only.  I can't imagine how hard it would be to raise a child after losing your 15 year old son.  He is so handsome.  I am so sorry for your loss and wish you luck in finding counseling.  I wasn't able to get much out of counseling until a couple years of fog had risen. 

Archived