Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my gorgeous boy

Achilles

• Members

Hey guys

On Sunday morning woke up to find our beautiful German Shepard had died on his bed during the night from a twisted intestine 

He was only 8 years old, big, full of energy and spring, the light of our lives and in a matter of one night gone, no warnings no nothing 

He was treated with love and respect, so much love and he knew it

My parents took it very bad, but its me and my sister that brought him up and he was our gorgeous boy

I cant understand why this happened it doesn't feel real, i am not one to cry but the tears have not stopped, it feels like somebody has ripped my heart out

Why didn't i go check on him, why didnt i do something he is gone and he is never coming back my amazing beautiful boy 

• Members

Oh no! I am so so sorry to read this. Of course it doesn't feel real, you all were not prepared at all. I wish I could say something, anything to make you feel better. There's nothing you could have done since there were no real signs. :( My heart breaks for you. Be patient, it will take some time to adjust to this loss. 

• Moderators

I am so sorry!  It has to be a complete and utter shock.  You did not fail him, there's no way you could have known.  I want you to know that your feeling this way is common/normal in grief, we ask all the what ifs as a way of trying to find a different possible outcome and because we feel responsible for them...but we cannot protect them from anything/everything that could go wrong.  My dog had cancer, I went through all of the whys/what ifs, there were no answers, it is part of life, the part that is so very hard, we want to scream, but instead we're left with completely broken hearts, it feels devastating.  I, too, loved my dog more than anything in the world and would have loved nothing more than to save him.
http://media.wix.com/ugd/0dd4a5_e934e7f92d104d31bcb334d6c6d63974.pdf

I found it helped me to share memories of him as a way of memorializing him, you might want to do something similar...

Hoping this video brings you some comfort and peace...

Archived