Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Regrets/Blame

• Members

My husband died suddenly on July 28 2020. He was shot by his girlfriend that I didn't know he had. I have so many regrets as I  am recalling times that I was mean and not very sensitive. I took him for granted. I feel that the pain will never go away. I am racked with guilt. A ny words of of encouragement would be welcomed 

• Hugs 3

• Members

@NTP. My husband died the same day as yours. I am so very sorry, but we are in this boat together and can comfort and support each other along the way at least.  Please try not to blame yourself...I have things I regret too, but guilt and remorse only make the journey harder and change nothing.  I'm always open to listen if you need a sympathetic ear..hang in there and I'll be praying for you, friend.

• Hugs 1

• Members

I agree with Darlene, yes we all have regrets . All we can do is to support each other , one day , one step at a time. Tonite is very bad for me . I feel like everything is so wrong  and everywhere I look there are reminders . A couple who walk in front of our house waved , as they always did , I don’t think they even know he passed . I screamed,cried , and I feel like I can’t do this . I feel so defeated , beaten down like I can’t take one more day of this . Then I come on here , and I see others with my pain , I’m not alone . I will pray for you  for strength and courage  for you to keep going. I’d really appreciate prayers also., my friend . Donna 

• Members

I feel the same. Cannot forgive myself for things I said. I was only responding to hurt, but still find it impossible to forgive myself. I should never have said some of the things I said over the years. He had hurt me deeply in the past many would have left, but I stayed and after a long time it had been good for years. I had bitterness and walls. I should have given him credit for the many good things he had done for me. Sadness overwhelms me, I feel like a bad person, miss him, hope he didn't suffer (coroner said cardiac event) and want to just go to sleep and not wake up.