Check Our New Products In The Marketplace

Take Grieving.com on the Go!

Buy on Apple and Google Play
New Members - Check Your Spam/Junk Folder for Confirmation Email ×

Grief and Work PhD Dissertation Study Interview Request

• Members
YTHeng

Dear All,

My name is Yu Tse Heng, and I am a Management PhD candidate at the University of Washington Foster School of Business. I am currently working on my PhD dissertation, which examines how grieving individuals navigate work. As learning about volunteers’ stories would help me better understand peoples’ experiences navigating work while grieving, I am looking to conduct 1-hour Zoom/phone interviews with volunteers who fit the following criteria:

(1) An immediate loved one (partner, parent, sibling, child) of yours has died in the past 3 years

(2) You experienced grief from this loss

(3) You were working (in the U.S.) when your loss occurred

Contribution: Organizations tend to provide limited bereavement leave, such that employees often return to work when they are still experiencing grief from their major loss. Understanding these grieving employees’ experiences is crucial to determining how organizations can best support them.

Details: All interviews will take about 1 hour and can be conducted either via phone call or Zoom. Your participation in this project is entirely voluntary. Confidentiality is guaranteed and our work is monitored by the UW ethics board: we will never reveal your name or any identifiers.

Thank you for your consideration. For questions, concerns, or to participate, please contact me at: yutse@uw.edu or send me a private message.

Sincerely,

Yu Tse Heng, PhD Candiate

Foster School of Business, University of Washington