Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost Brother to Cancer

Kate J

• Members

I lost my brother to cancer of the esophagus on July 8, 2020. I am devastated. He struggled for 3 years and his ending was terrible. I can’t stop crying. Heartbroken. 

• Members
MODArtemis2019

Hello Kate, I am so sorry for your loss. The pain is so immense in the beginning and it feels overwhelming, I know.

I also have trouble with the ending for my husband, who died of lung cancer. It wasn't peaceful as I had hoped. I don't have an easy answer for this aspect of the grief. But please know you are not alone in this feeling.  

• Members
Nicole-my grief journey

Kate J,

I too lost my brother to cancer. You have all of my empathy. The grief was really painful and his suffering so heartbreaking. It took time for me to process it all. I had to take it minute by minute, then day by day. Cry, rest, try and eat when you can even if you don’t feel like it. Keep sharing, we’re here for you. Big hug, Nicole

Archived