Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loosing a mother as young as 15

Heather Sadler

• Members
Heather Sadler

Broke my heart loosing my mother and even to this day I’m now 26 and I still get jealous of my friends with their mothers and even my best friend with her kids kill me!! Everywhere I go every little thing reminds me of her and me years ago and it’s tearing me apart!! When I see my best friend with her mother and even her kids breaks my heart and all I wanna do is cry!! 

• Members

Dear Heather,

Please know your feelings and thoughts are normal. I feel that way too. Life is so hard and unfair and I wish you still had your mom with you. I don't know if you can lean on your auntie, a close female friend, or seek out a mentor for some additional support. I found these links that I hope will give you additional support.

https://www.griefhealingdiscussiongroups.com/topic/84-grief-and-jealousy/

https://www.healthyplace.com/blogs/toughtimes/2017/02/jealousy-after-a-loss-is-perfectly-normal

• Members
Heather Sadler

There’s only one person I can only talk too and she’s been amazing my best friend, she might not know how it feels because her parents are still alive but her words alone mean a lot but thank you so much 

• Members
relativeRaven106

I lost my mom when I was (just barely) 16. It's been 11 years and I'm still very much heartbroken and grieving endlessly. Losing my mother was, and is, the hardest thing in the world. I still don't really know how to cope...

Archived