Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I dream of mum

Jamie Sam Marcus

• Members
Jamie Sam Marcus

I lost my mum from pancreas cancer 11 years ago.  I shed a tear almost every day about her and dream about her all the time. They're not very often pleasant dreams and sometimes they are really frightening.

Last night I dreamt that me and mum were sat on some scaffolding near my apartment.  She looked younger, fresh, happy.  I kept saying things to her to upset her, shouting at her...and she began sobbing.  I took her head in my arms to comfort and lay it on my chest hugging and stroking her hair and telling her I loved her.  I then felt myself crying in real life and I felt so upset I managed to pull myself out of the dream and woke up sobbing.  

The only thing was, I could still feel her head on my chest.  I could smell her

I needed a cigarette at this point so went to the front room for one.  When I got back in bed (it was not a warm night) the area of the bed was roasting hot, like someone had literally been lying there just seconds ago.  

Does any of this mean anything or is it simply a dream?  

Help

Jamie x

• Members

Dear Jamie,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. I often wonder the same thing and I feel like there are things about the spirit world that none of us know. It is possible you were visited by your mum. You've had such a strong connection with the dreams. 

I hope others will come forward and share your stories with you.

Take care, Reader x 

• Members
Jamie Sam Marcus

Thanks very much for this Reader x

• Members

Hi Jamie, 

I had lost my mom five years ago, and she appeared in my dreams several times these years. In all the dreams, she looked fine and I always felt she came back to me. When I woke up, I don't feel really upset because I know I miss her and it is normal to dream of her. I think you just miss her a lot. It is a process of grieving. They live in our memories, and sometimes they came back to visit us to let us grieve. 

• Members
Jamie Sam Marcus

Hi Helen,

Firstly I'm sorry to hear about your loss your mum...sounds like you deal well with it which has made me smile :)

I really appreciate your message and I think this maybe able to give me a different outlook, which is just what I needed.  

Thankyou so much x

• Members

hi Jamie sorry to hear of your mom

I only dreamt of my mom once in the 5 months since she died

I was in pain because I hurt my back that day and she said "you don't look well" in my dream, that's it , not anything really great like you had.

but she appeared in an apparition to me 5 days after she passed and she looked so beautiful and happy and telepathically told me that she was happy and good and me not to worry. this really happened and so

I absolutely believe that she was there with you 

• Members
Jamie Sam Marcus

Thanks for your kind words Var.  I.m sorry for your loss also xx

• Members

Hey Jamie,

Im sorry for your loss.. Its been such a long time ago. I lost my mother at 24 and dad at 27 (now im 29). I can surely relate to the dreams. They do not bother me. Recently they havnt occured in a while but i remember clearly waking up all sweating and crying. Completely devastated. Dreams and especially these engrained memories in our subconcious and feel soooo real. Its crazy. There is are some ways to deal with this. Not to say its bad but it makes the relationship you have with your mom inside yourself grateful and loving. Even it will be more peaceful in dreams. If you open to it can chat a bit about it. Take care and have a good day!

• Members
Jamie Sam Marcus

Hey Mark,

Thanks a lot for this.  Your kind words really help.  It's not been anywhere near as long for you and you sound like you cope well.

Thanks again and you take care too and have a good day 

• Members

Hey Jamie,

Thanks and yes i do cope very well. In fact i feel stronger and more peaceful than ever before, because of it. I have this one life and im going to make the most out of it. If you wish to approach it differently than the last 11 years. Let's see if i can help you. I sent you a dm.

Archived