Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Feel so lost

Laura 8877

• Members

I feel so lost, empty and the tears just keep coming, I lost my beautiful boy Fred on Wednesday 24th and I just can’t cope. Fred was involved in a car accident and the vet was unable to save him, I was with him till the end but still can’t believe he’s gone, he was everything to me. He has left behind his sister Ethel, who can’t understand why he doesn’t come home, she wanders around the house meowing. Then sits and just waits, It breaks my heart over and over again. Fred was like my shadow and was never far away, he was the life and soul,  My heart is broken, it physically hurts. 

• Moderators

I am so sorry, I lost my best friend and companion 10 1/2 months ago...I'm not "over it" and know I never will be.  I no longer sob day after day but the pain is still there inside of me.

I want to share this article with you as you have a grieving pet: https://www.griefhealingblog.com/2018/06/pet-loss-supporting-your-grieving-pet.html
And I want to share this with you in the hopes that it brings you some comfort and peace:

• Members

I know that pain. Any time I have had a "baby" of mine cross the bridge, it's unbearable. Some people get it, they're like us. Some don't.

You and Ethel will find a way to work through this together. Glad you have each other to mourn Fred.

Care to share how they came to be called Fred and Ethel? (Fred and Ethel...made me smile.)

Love and light....

• Members
Laura 8877

Thank you, it breaks my heart to think that I won't see him again. My beautiful boy.

Poor Ethel is missing him.  She doesn't understand why he is no longer around,  She sits in his favorite spots just looking and waiting

I am in pieces, he was so young and full of life.

Of course, when I got them them I thought I was getting two boys,  so decided on the names Alfred and Aethelred, who were both Kings of Wessex, UK. ( Aethelred 865 - 871, Alfred 871 - 886)

Fred was short for Alfred, Aethelred turned out to be a little girl, so went by the name of Ethel. 

xxxx

• Members

So sorry for your loss of Fred. :( 

It is so so painful and does physically hurt. I thought my heart was literally breaking. I am sorry. I hope you and sweet Ethel are okay. It takes time to learn a new way with such a loss. 

Archived