Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Dissociation

Jennam

• Members

Having a weird day. This is the first day I haven’t cried. I feel very dissociated. Today my mind has decided not to believe what happened. 

My grief feels like its taken a different form. Normal stressors of work today are making my heart pound with anxiety. Normal things that I usually wouldn’t give too much through the too. 

Anyone ever have this response? 

I miss my pup. 

• Moderators
22 hours ago, Jennam said:

Today my mind has decided not to believe what happened. 

Maybe your body's way of not going into overload, grief can be a lot to bear.  The tears come or don't come, they aren't a measure of our love or our grief.  I have a friend who lost he husband of over 50 years and still hasn't cried...it's been about three years.  (I run a grief support group and she is in it) I tell her not to worry about it.  She's had grief counseling.  She's not trying NOT to cry.  Tears are a release valve for US.  Talk to your pet, tell them you love them, they know but it helps us.  I still talk to my Arlie and Kitty and it's been months!

https://www.nextavenue.org/anxiety-stage-grief/
https://www.griefhealingblog.com/2013/07/anxiety-attacks-in-grief-tools-for.html

• Members

Agree with KayC. Grief can be weird and unpredictable. It's slippery.

One day you can feel as though you can handle everything and the next you are on the verge of tears every moment.

And I definitely felt all of it. Anxious. Fearful. Sad. Angry. It's a process. It's part of healing I think. Don't feel guilty, it is what it is.  

Archived