Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost My Beloved Yorkie

SJB58

• Members

Today, my wife and I said goodbye to our beloved Yorkie, Delilah. She was the sweetest, gentlest, docile little dog I’ve ever known. I’ll miss her greeting me home from work. I’ll miss her cuddles. I’ll miss her obsession with fetch. We are absolutely devastated and inconsolable. I haven’t lost a parent, but this might be the worst day of my life. 

• Moderators

Oh no!  I am so sorry.  It is the hardest thing in the world, I just went through it in August when my beloved dog Arlie passed (cancer).  He was everything to me as my husband died nearly 15 years ago and I live alone.  I totally get your describing it as inconsolable.  Those two losses were the worst for me, and I have lost parents, grandparents, aunts & uncles, cousin, niece, nephew, 23 pets, many friends.  I am no stranger to grief.  It takes much time to absorb the news, to process it.  I still have my dog's coat hanging on the chair, his leash and collar hanging by the door, and there I intend to keep it.  I hold his coat, it's the closest thing I have to him.  I buried him with a bone and his favorite toy, his first one, a duck.  He chewed up a million toys but that one he was careful with.  He lies next to Skye, my son's dog that lived with us for 3 1/2 years, and now Kitty lies next to him too, she died just a few months later at 25.  I posted about our journey with cancer in Living With Loss and their lives in Memories of Arlie and Memories of Kitty.

If you are up to it, do you mind sharing a picture of her?

I want to share this with you and hope it helps:

https://www.griefhealingblog.com/2013/03/memorializing-pets-we-have-lost.html
http://www.griefhealing.com/memorializing.htm

• Members

I am so sorry for your loss and thank you so much for your kind words. Here is our precious Delilah Mae. 

B1B65E9D-A7BC-48AE-A7AB-D96CDDB33FB7.jpeg

• Moderators

OMG, she is adorable!  I feel your pain.  In time I hope thoughts of her evoke a smile at the memories instead of this intense pain...it's 8 1/2 months for me and I have both but mostly a wistfulness for him.  :(

Archived