Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss my mom

Tillity

• Members

Im sorry for your loss Tilly, This is so fresh and hits you like a brick. Be together with the people that care for you but also take care of your own alone time. The feeling will stay for a while and thats okay! totally! Whatever emotions comes up is needed. Crying is cleansing the soul. Take care!

• Members

Thank you so much Mark and Shannon. Shannon I pray you find comfort as well, I know it’s very hard, life don’t feel right and it will never feel right again, these are our first years without our mom, no more kisses, hugs, convo, Mother’s Day, birthdays, it’s hard, my world stop

• Members

It's going to be hard not having her with me on holidays. I just feel like no one else cares anymore. Everyone moved on. I hate it. Too much stress

• Members

Yes Shannon it’s very hard and I feel the same that no one cares, that’s why I look for a forum to find some help, it’s depressing, I was also depressed before this, am sick and am also dealing with my dad illnesses too

• Members

Hey Tillity and Shannon,

It may look like people moved on but becareful with judgement. Everyone has their own way and own times to deal with it. Most important thing is how we ourselfs are dealing with it. 

What would you say are the two biggest struggles right now? 

For me when they just passed it was, all the little things that reminded me of them. Looking forward to your answers,

• Members

Hi Mark same for me, my mom died yesterday, and every time I live in America, my mom lived in Canada, did not get a chance to see her, and with this covid I may not be able to be at her funeral, this makes me cry, I won’t have closure of outing her to rest, I also, when I remembered the little things she do and how she had been a wonderful mom to my siblings and I, the way she struggled to take care of us, and I did not get a chance to do more for her and I was not present at her final moments, that hurts so much 

• Members

Hi Tillity,

This covid period makes it even harder on everyone right now. Especially you.  Was she still able in the last days to understand whats going on in the world? You did what you could in the situation. Maybe you could do more and you regret this strongly. Then that is how it is. Regret isn't a bad thing it helps us realize what is truly important to us. I understand its painful. My advice is accept whatever emotions comes up and pay attention to it. Tears are the cleasers of the soul. 

• Members

My hardest struggle is I already had anxiety and I keep picturing her face dead and her in that cardboard box. The other is doing everything on my own. I'm the youngest of four. One brother is an addict, the other just got out of rehab for alcoholism and my sister lives in Michigan. They're all sitting back waiting on a check from the house. I had to move everything. I had to sit in my moms house for two months leaving my house and kids. Where were they? I'm angry and bitter because people who claimed they cared are just selfish asshats.

• Members

Dear Tillity and Shannon,

I'm so sorry for your pain and sorrow. 

Shannon, I hear you because I felt the same as you when my father passed. It is hard when siblings are not pulling their weight or showing any compassion for the pain you are going through. 

It's a very raw time. Sending love and support your way.

• Members
Deborahmomof2

Hi my name is Deborah, I lost my mother this past Mother’s Day and have been looking to connect with other people who have lost a parent recently. I’m starting a zoom meeting for the first time and wondered if you would like to join. If so here is the link. https://us04web.zoom.us/j/71034566210?pwd=WFQ0N1FpODVNUWpHcHhsUzdpM1R4dz09  The time for this meeting will be today at 1:00pm. Hope to see you there. 

• Members
21 hours ago, Deborahmomof2 said:

Hey Deborah, I Lost both parents in mid mid 20's ( now 29 ) I am open to talk about it. Unfortunately your zoom link doesnt work for me (maybe im too late) How to connect?

• Members
Deborahmomof2

Dear Tilly,,

I am so sorry for your loss. I am trying to get a small group of people together so we can talk about our recent loss, and maybe try to help each other. I need you to email me directly to let me know if you’re interested so then I can get back to you and let you know what time I could set up the meeting 

I think this would be great for all of us  my email is deborahmomof2@gmail.com

Deborah

Archived