Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

ONE MORE DAY

Vincent F

• Members

ONE MORE DAY

I thought about you in class again today. I’ll probably think about you tomorrow, too.

They say that grief is love that has no home, and mine is forever homeless.

I spend my nights with bottles of cheap wine and songs that remind me of you. Even after all this time separated, I still can't look at photos of you.

Grief is my constant companion.

Last summer I moved back into our old home. I didn’t realize I would be running into you so frequently though. You appeared randomly without warning as if you were saying ‘Hi Vincent’. Places I forgot we spent so much time together at. The pool. The library. The bike shop.

You are the enormous, unavoidable, heartbreaking, self-medicating hole in my life.

I want one more breakfast with you. One more lunch with you. One more dinner with you. One more movie night with you. One more water balloon fight with you. One more Christmas with you. One more dance with you. I want one more day with my mom.

- VINCENT

• Members

I often wish I would have just one more phone call one more I love you. When I lost my mom I also lost my grandmother. They died in a car accident two hrs from home on their way back from a month long vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Grieving.com

Archived