Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My daughter Cecile...

monique81

• Members

Hello everyone my name is Monique, I live in France.

Almost 2 years ago my 6 year old daughter Cecile was killed by an irresponsible driver. I stll have the horrible image in my mind that i can't erase.

It was Christmas day, and she got new skates and couldn't wait to try them out around the neighbourhood, i was watching over her and my 3 year old daughter.

I didn't count on this car was coming in a speed of 70 mph(the allowed here in the city is of 55 mph) and was under the influence of alcohol. I didn't noticed the car coming, i didn't had a chance to react, so i just froze. My daughter didn't noticed the car coming either and she was run over, and died on the instant.

At times, i can still see it in low motion, i feel guilty, i also feel that it's my fault, maybe if i have reacted faster i could have saved her, but instead i froze and stood there.

Cecille was born May 26 1999 and passed on Christmas day 2005, she loved to climb tress and to blow bubbles, she loved going to school and to play with her sisters, she said to me once that she was the luckiest girl in the world becuase she had two mummies and two daddies that loved her.

Im angry, and last year i lost my mum on December 24th, there's not Christmas to celebrate anymore, my daughter didn't deserved such a violent death.

Thankyou.

Im so sorry for my grammar, english is not my first language.

• Members

I am so sorry your lost your precious Cecile.  No one should have to go through the pain of losing a child.  My son Joshua died in a swimming accident last July.  He was 10.  I know what it feels like to miss such an important person in your life.  And losing you Mom around the same time of year must make Christmas a really hard holiday.  I lost my Mom December 22, 2002.  Welcome to this group.  There are many supportive people here who all understand the horrible pain we feel when we lose a child.

Sal

• Members

I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter. I have lost a son at age 13. I have had a number of experiences through a medium where he spoke to me about what happened to him (he was hit while riding his bike on the sidewalk). I do know that he said it was his time to go, on numerous occasions,and I feel the same for everyone. When it is our time, then we will go. Not one second longer can we exist if our time is up. There is nothing ANYONE can do about it, so please don't feel bad, it wasn't your fault. If someone is meant to survive an accident and live, then it was meant to be.

I am speaking from a place of experience and not simply trying to make you feel better or from a point of faith.

Take care. Your journey is just beginning.

• Members

none of our children deserve any type of death. it is always so unfair. we have dealt with the guilt issue for 2 years now. every time i think i have it conquored something happens that lets it come back. my husband had a hard time this evening because he is haunted that if he had taken the 'right' steps at the clinic on friday caitlin wouldn't have left us because of a brain bleed on sunday.

with a intoxicated driver going that fast, i honestly doubt anyone would have had time to react. this won't stop your blaming yourself, tho. i think there is a basic need to try to make sense of such a devastating loss...something or someone must be to blame. we feel it is our job to protect our children. our child died, so we must have failed at our job.

it just isn't true. keep trying to put the blame squarely where it belongs: on an irresponsible person who was driving too fast while under the influence. they are the bad guys in this, not you...

annie

http://caitlin-mayes.memory-of.com/

Archived