Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Isolation

Missy1

• Members

Having gone through the trauma of losing my husband yes I like to isolate but also I know it’s it’s not healthy I get dark thoughts if I don’t get out.
I used to go to this little wine bar in our grocery store and it was nice because it’s a community of people that show up and they know me and they knew my husband and it felt good to just have a little group of people to talk to. Because of the Coronavirus those community places are  closed now. Even work had mandated virtual work no more going on to the office.
These new restrictions will isolate people who might NEED to get out. When I had to go to the office I had to shower, I had to do my hair,I had to dress up, even though it was excruciating it made me be part of society and that was accountable to people.
One wonders if isolation and driving people into this new solitary lonely existence  will cause more depression maybe more suicides, I don’t know....

• Members

I’m telling you isolation for people who are in grief it’s not good I feel the worst I’ve ever felt so long!
Our site was crashed by idiots!! My Thread got deleted, I guess we are born alone and die alone I felt safe here for a moment in time...

• Members

I hear you.   I at least have my daughter.  We have also been taking my in-laws groceries as they have both been on antibiotics and are in their 70’s so they don’t want to go out.   

It is lonely.  And I was trying to figure out what was up with the Chinese stuff.   I am sorry that the isolation is making you feel worse again.   I hope that the powers that be can fix the forums here as at least this is a resource.  

• Members
18 hours ago, jwahlquist said:

I hope that the powers that be can fix the forums here as at least this is a resource.

I don't know if you have been back on the site again but they did take care of the spam and it is gone. They really try to keep it free of spam so that we can use it to communicate with others that are dealing with the same type of issues.

• Members

Yes I see that.   I don’t know why people spam things like that.   I know that has to make it a harder job for moderators and forum operators.  

• Members

I live in a region where the worst weather we get is hail with lightning, so things like blizzards, etc. don't affect us.  Take this with a grain of "whatever your weather allows."

We've been told that one way we are not restricted is outdoors, as long as we keep that "social distance" from others not in our direct circle/family.  There are so many places near me where I can walk, sit on a bench, talk to my husband, and just take in the power of nature.  I've always found that helps my mood and feelings.  There's a small beautiful beach cove only 20 minute's drive from us where my husband and I used to go just the two of us or with family and friends.  I haven't been in months, but think I'll go the next warm day.  Right now, we're due for another heavy storm system in 2 days after having 2 weeks of almost non-stop (and much needed) heavy rain, so we're all taking advantage of "must get out of the house for a while!" times while we can.

So whenever your weather allows, please go outside, strap on snow shoes or put on galoshes or tie on your hiking boots, and take in the fresh air and beauty of nature.

• Members
16 minutes ago, foreverhis said:

So whenever your weather allows, please go outside, strap on snow shoes or put on galoshes or tie on your hiking boots, and take in the fresh air and beauty of nature.

Good idea. I enjoy being able to be outside and not feel closed in.

• Members

I know the yard work is out of control, the weeds since he has been gone are unattended. We did yard work together unless he was home alone then he kept it under control. The weeds are way out of control, It’s overwhelming. I go in the yard and pull weeds and cry because that’s where he was alive and well  last. I think about his blood is in the soil and I play that last scene over and over and wonder WTH happened that day! I will have to get out there and clean my yard a little each day, no one really wants to help, I cannot expect it, my mess, my shame I will carry it.

Archived