Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Both parents

Fon

• Members

I understand how you feel. I lost my dad in 2014 and just lost my mom. I am in my 30s and it is very isolating. Almost everyone I know still has their parents. I know a couple people who have lost one parent but not both. I do also know people who still have grandparents. I don't have any left either. It definitely is lonely and strange.

• Members

Hello Fon & Gigi16, 

I'm sorry for the losses of both your parents. I lost my Father at the age of 38, he passed away on Dec 11, 2018. I still have my Mother, so I'm thankful for that. I get envious when I see others with both their parents & even with grandparents ( I lost all my grandparents years ago). I wonder why they still have that privilege and I don't? Prayers for strength and healing. 

• Members

I totally understand what you mean. I lost my dad when I was 10 and my mom when I was 13. Anytime people find out they look at you like you're an alien and seem to pity you. It's fucking weird. Sorry for your losses. Hope you're doing well. 

• Members

Thanks you guys for helping me feel less alienish it is hard to explain to people who haven’t experienced but it is also something you don’t want anyone to relate to.

Sent from my iPhone using Grieving.com

Archived