Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

The month I hate the most

Youweremyfavorite1314

• Members
Youweremyfavorite1314

So I am only 17 days away from the 1 year mark for my sister passing away. And I am filled with such dread, sadness and grief. She took her own life and since then, the life of me and my family has never been the same, nor will it ever be. She was much more than just my sister. She was my person. My best friend. My Mother figure when I had none since I was 8. And she is gone. I have been drowning in my depression, guilt, grief and anger since. And it was only last month that I went to my first counseling session. I wanted to run out of there. I'm not sure it even did any good. But I am going back again in 3 days. And I am trying. What other choice do I have. This is my life. This is my reality. I don't want to go down the same path as her but everyday I fear I may. How do you live without your heart? I continue to be there for my niece. She loved her Mother very much. And so did I. I am struggling badly.

• Members

Dear youweremyfavorite,

I'm so sorry, I know its a very difficult time. Trying to cope and struggle along every day when nothing feels right. Please know you are not alone. I hope you will give the counselling another try. 

Thinking of you. With hugs.

Archived