Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

LATE SPOUSE SEEN MARRIED TO ANOTHER IN MY DREAMS

Nely

• Members

Kind regards to everyone here who is on this awful life journey. Its been a while I posted here, though I stop by to read as often as I find the strength to.

It will be two years in another 3 months and 4 days since my beloved husband departed this world unexpectedly. Since then, life has not been the same neither have I been able to find inner joy and fulfilment as I built my life around his. He was my first love and he loved me to a fault.

I looked forward to having interactions with him in dreams like most persons do. However, whenever I wake up from a dream about him, I realise that he is married to someone else in the dream. The disturbing part of these similar dreams is that he does not speak to me and I do not understand why it is someone else he is married to and not me. I had this dream again on Sunday in the afternoon and I do not know what to make of it.

Is there anyone who has had similar dreams or does anyone know what to make of these dreams? It is quite disturbing. I sincerely wish I can be advised on thios.

I wish us all the strength we can find as we try to live with this pain.

Nely,

• Moderators

Nely, I'm not expert on dreams so I defer to anyone who is...but it seems this expresses your concern over being separated from him physically.  You know your husband and that he would be with you if he could.  He hasn't chosen to leave you, death itself is the robber.  I hope you can let reason help settle your qualms, reassure yourself of the true love you had and continue to have with him.  This long term physical separation wreaks havoc with our minds!

• Members

@KayC Thank you for your kind words. I miss my husband very much. Whenever I wake from such dreams, I would feel as if he is been snatched away from me by someone else. Sometimes, I wonder if he is alive somewhere starting another life. I don't know how long I will continue to suffer this pain. It is really sad.

Thank you so much.

Nely

• Moderators

Try to hold onto the faith you've had in your relationship, that it will stand the tests of time, yes even this long separation.  It's been so long since I've been with George but I know that wherever he is, he loves me.

• Members

I'm not an expert on dreams either but I have had dreams that I am still married to my ex and Randy and I never happened. I spend the entire time trying to convince everyone that I divorced my ex and I'm now married to Randy.   Maybe it is the thing you fear the most. 

• Moderators

I've had tons of dreams of my XH, my kids' dad, we were married 23 years so I guess that's natural esp. with unresolved issues.  I used to wonder why I didn't dream of George more, we were together all the time and loved each other completely!  I don't know how the brain works with such things, but I've come to accept that it is what it is.  He is uppermost in my heart and that's what matters.

• Members
MODArtemis2019

Nely, I'm not a dream expert, but if I had this dream, I would interpret it as my unconscious mind trying to find another explanation for the absence of my husband. Death of course is the hardest explanation to accept, because of the finality. If he were not dead, but with someone else, it is not so final. Not so different, maybe, from the conscious "if only" ruminations I engage in, like I am trying to turn back the clock, go a different path, and have a better outcome. Death is so hard to accept. 

Archived