Grief Support Marketplace

Check Our New Products In The Marketplace

Take Grieving.com on the Go!

Buy on Apple and Google Play
New Members - Check Your Spam/Junk Folder for Confirmation Email ×
Todd's Mom

Grief Poems

Todd's Mom

Since our son's death in July of 2018, I have written what now amounts to a collection of 40 grief poems. My in-person grief group has found them comforting, so I thought I would share them with my internet group as well. With that in mind, I have created a new topic on my poetry website, "Poems about Death," and have included all 40 of my poems about Todd under that category. Perhaps some will resonate with you and bring a measure of relief. Wishing you all as much peace and healing as you can find in this new year. https://susannoyesandersonpoems.com/category/death-poetry/

Changed

Tod’s  mom.   Thank you for the link to your poems - I’m only a few in so far but they do resonate .   You are a truly gifted writer.

Many years ago I had a friend who had severe clinical depression - she was in an awfully dark place.   She had a good husband and two happy, healthy daughters , an impressive home and no money worries but this depression took a hold of her mind.    She found writing poems gave her an outlet for what was going on in her mind - she had them self published and gave me a copy - a very worrying read.        After her treatment she recovered to a great extent and found it amazing to read her own work again - she didn’t  realise just how ill she had been.          All these years later I found her poems again and was alarmed to read how close her thoughts back then tally with my own since the loss of my son.   My feelings are because of the grief for my son but she felt that bad without any loss or reason - how awful for her to live through that and not be able to understand why at the time.

I remember you posting on Loss of an Adult Child and reading about your son - I wasn’t able to gather myself together enough to post back then  but I was taking some comfort in the kindness of those who did .    Peace to you.  Roz