Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

For my Wife

ksiemb

• Members

My Love: The pain & sorrow are still with me on this second Memorial anniversary of your passing. God grant you eternal peace Dolly.

image.png.b77e440952f321b115c9fa2ade7f840b.png

• Members

I undersand you pain. I also lost my wife.

I found a v
ery sad phrase in the frame you posted.   
"Gone are the days we used to share"  

Yes the happy days I used to share with my wife are gone.

If I only knew how happy I was.

Moises

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Brazil Man said:

We take life for granted in the here and now, not knowing it's about to change and that our happy state is all too fleeting.  We can't be faulted for that, it's how we are.

• Members
2 hours ago, Brazil Man said:

"Gone are the days we used to share"  

Yes the happy days I used to share with my wife are gone.

I feel that way too.  Even more, if only I had told him more than once every single day, "You make me happy."  Sure, I told him I loved him and showed him by most of my actions, but I didn't say those words "I am happy with you" nearly often enough. 

We had our fractious times, as most all couples do over decades together.  There were times I know we looked at each other and thought, "What was I thinking hitching myself to him/her?" when we were most frustrated with each other (or one with the other).  Two stubborn personalities together are bound to do that.  But under the little irritations and those occasional really angry moments, there was a strong thread of love that never broke.  I took for granted that because of it, he would never leave me.  And he never would have, not on purpose.

It is that failing above all others that breaks my heart sometimes.  Is it possible to say, "You make me happy.  I love you." too often?  I have realized that with a soulmate, it really isn't.  That's why I tell people, "See how fragile and precious life is?  Don't take each other for granted.  Say the words often, say them now while you can, so you don't wish you had later."

Archived