Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

The day I lost my Mom 11/28/19

Heathangel1267

• Members
Nicole-my grief journey

I am so sorry for your loss. It is heartbreaking to lose a mom. Beautiful pictures and beautiful memories you have there. I know there is little comfort to be found right now, but may she live on through you and your family. A big hug to you.

• Members
Heathangel1267
I am so sorry for your loss. It is heartbreaking to lose a mom. Beautiful pictures and beautiful memories you have there. I know there is little comfort to be found right now, but may she live on through you and your family. A big hug to you.

Thank you so much big hug right back to you

Sent from my iPhone using Grieving.com

• Members

Firstly i send you a huge hug.

I lost my mum too yesterday to stage 4 lymphoma.  Grief is a weird emotion. It is like waves of tears that come and go with waves of memories and flash-backs.  It is all normal.  I have come to the conclusion that grief is what makes us human and is a clear physical demonstration of the ,love we still feel.  Grief is not a bad thing (though it may feel like it!).  It is something we must feel and express in order to move forward with our lives.  The love you feel will never diminish and that is a beautiful thing to keep in your heart.  I am not a religious or spiritul person really but i do feel death is a normal part of the cycle of life and that we do have souls and that our souls never die.  My reason for thinking this is the sheer enormity of the universe to me means there is more to being a human being than just being physically alive.

In time we all meet again i am completely convinced of that.  Don't fight the grief. Let it embrace you and just go with it. Eventually it will subside to something far more bearable i promise.

Archived