Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Thank you Christmas!

candycane

• Members

Just what I needed. To be reminded that my mother is no longer here. And to be reminded that she was my best friend who I no longer have. My biggest enemy and my biggest fan. The one person who cherished me and complimented me and wanted a kiss from me and who would kiss my cheek. The one person who always gave me cards and gifts during the year. Flowers too. The mother who would call me on Mother's Day..call me her daugher and tell me she is happy to be my mother and that she loves me. A woman who survived severe domestic violence at the hands of my father and worked 3 jobs to support us when he walked out. But used her money that she earned from cleaning toilets to get us custom engraved mugs with our names on it. Who bought me a pretty sweater because I wanted to be cool and popular in high school even though she couldn't even put food barely on the table. Who paid for my braces and took me out for a donut and glass of milk after each appointment as a reward. How do you get over someone like this? She was so proud of me.

Do that's what I mean when I say thank you Christmas for reminding me of her and what I lost.

Who else is with me on this?

• Members
Nicole-my grief journey

You are not alone in your feelings. Sending love your way. Your mom sounds amazing like mine was and it’s devastating to lose that unconditional love and support. Hugs to you

• Members

You are not alone.  I understand.  My mother/father were the same way - loving, giving, always put us first and always ready to lift/build us up. This is such a hard time for me since my mom just died a few months ago.  Can't believe that she and my father are gone.  They tried so hard to make this the best time of the year.  It is absolutely not the same since they are no longer here and I don't ever expect it will be again.  How can it be?  I'm still trying to find my way through all the grief.

So glad that I found this forum and have people who can understand the heartache when this occurs.  Maybe in time a new way of doing things will come along but for right now I just feel stuck.  I'm hoping that after the holidays pass things will get easier but right now I don't feel like they will.  Guess I just have to hope that in time things will get better.

Archived