Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I emotionally couldn’t go to the town Christmas kickoff parade

jacqisonteam213

• Members
jacqisonteam213

because we were in it together . i couldn’t see spots we marched for 3 years . does anyone else skimp on traditions because of the emotional attachment ?

• Members

Dear jacqisonteam213,

Please don't be hard on yourself.  Always know its okay to do what is right for you and how you are feeling in the moment. I do this too. So many things remind of something or someone and I can't bear it sometimes.

• Hugs 1

• Members

So sorry for your loss. Its so hard to do those old things we used to do with our loved ones. It reminds us of how much we want them there. My kids and I have skipped the drive through the park light show since their dad died. It was a unanimous decision for all of us, as we tend to all grieve the same way. You have to grieve your way and cope with your loss individually. Its very hard to be an environment where that person uses to be, but they no longer are. I wish you some love and happiness this Christmas. ❤

• Members

I had to skip our community’s Trim A Tree dinner and dance. I couldn’t stand the pretty decorations, and I knew as soon as the band played a slow dance I would lose it.