Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

What's the point of life/living?

nuvar

• Members

Dear Nuvar:

I'm so sorry for your continued pain and suffering. I know grief takes a toll on all of us and these types of questions come up a lot. 

Please remember your mother and what she wanted for you and your dad. These can be very dark times but we have to carry on the best we can for ourselves and our loved ones. Do it to make your mother proud. And know she would not want you to feel this way. She loved you! 

We are all with you. Take care, my friend.

• Members

i just feel so caught in this cycle of nothingness. nothing brings happiness to me. im still struggling with a myriad of problems

i wonder why people have less or none of such issues. i know there are people in worst situations but im very tired of my own

it's like i will never find happiness again. i rly feel it that way

• Members

Ha! the meaning of life?  It's very simple. The meaning of life is to live.

That's all there is to it. You get the opportunity to have a life and you live it the best you can. We all die. There's nothing we can do about the finality of things.  But then again life would have no meaning without a death. 

So the meaning of life is to live your life.  What happens after you physical life ends is another matter.  I genuinely believe things go on after physical death because the universe is so vast and humanity so precious.  Souls live in in another dimension we don't yet understand and probably never will until we go there.  It sounds philosopical and unlikley but that's only becuaes we can't see it or understand it. When it happens to us we'll see.

• Members

Dear Biggles,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. It is true we all have to live the best life we can. Life truly goes by in a blink of an eye. Its like you said and we have to be open and when its our time we too will know what happens. 

• Members

i feel so shietty. why is life dealing me such cards?

my parents were nice people. we were more charitable and nicer than average. yet all dying a terrible death

yet people i know including my relatives who sow discord, do shiet live long happy lives. yes im serious. this is such a joke

• Members
i feel so shietty. why is life dealing me such cards?
my parents were nice people. we were more charitable and nicer than average. yet all dying a terrible death

yet people i know including my relatives who sow discord, do shiet live long happy lives. yes im serious. this is such a joke

Hi Nuvar,

It’s only been a month since I lost my mother and I buried her very recently-she was to me EVERYTHING, I say that to say that my feelings are intensely raw.

I don’t want to sound cliche-but life is in big sense “what you make it.” Believe me I am struggling and asking if the same questions such as; what is my purpose and what’s the point if we are all going to die anyways. For me the point is live life as best you can and try to love and be the best you can be and pass that on to the next generation. I don’t know if you have children or not - but if you do love them with all your heart and soul - that is your legacy and it can also provide meaning. If you don’t - as I mentioned, you must find meaning and that meaning should define your purpose. Look - there are many things we just won’t have answers for and we need to be ok with that. Some seek answers from spirituality some thru other means, but it is important for you to pick or not to help your concept of what is...

I’ll leave you with this - continue trying to live day by day find love and try to be happy, for I am going to try to do the same and we can check on each other from time to time...

Sent from my iPhone using Grieving.com

Archived