Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

“Your youngest son is now your focus, you have to move on”

Pacmansmom

• Members

I will never move on from my firstborn son, Kyle. It will be 2 years on January 21st...the pain deepens, the wound still so very fresh...People may only hear me speak of Kyle because Kyle isn’t here to speak for himself. I am very much aware that I have another son, I adore Gavin, he’s my life, he’s all I got left in this world.

I go insanely mad when people assume Gavin is neglected because I am grieving Kyle. Gavin is grieving Kyle, Gavin supports me in whatever it takes to survive.

Losing a child comes with added pain & loss...people abandon you, they completely don’t understand how much your core has been shaken, how you’ll never be the same & how the trauma has literally physically, mentally and spiritually broken you.8aab8335ce36d0ba755e2958632b7186.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grieving.com

• Members

I too lost my son, he was 26. I agree that we will never “move on” from the death of a child. Instead we must “live on” We have no other choice, especially when we have other children, even grown ones, who still need us. There will always be a hole in our hearts that can’t be filled, and some days it feels like it is consuming us from the inside out, but we must live on.

• Members
vswilliams

I will never move on from my firstborn son, Kyle. It will be 2 years on January 21st...the pain deepens, the wound still so very fresh...People may only hear me speak of Kyle because Kyle isn’t here to speak for himself. I am very much aware that I have another son, I adore Gavin, he’s my life, he’s all I got left in this world.
I go insanely mad when people assume Gavin is neglected because I am grieving Kyle. Gavin is grieving Kyle, Gavin supports me in whatever it takes to survive.
Losing a child comes with added pain & loss...people abandon you, they completely don’t understand how much your core has been shaken, how you’ll never be the same & how the trauma has literally physically, mentally and spiritually broken you.8aab8335ce36d0ba755e2958632b7186.jpg

I am a part of this group called GriefShare, and that is literally about what they talked last night—insensitive people. You know what you are going through even if others don’t. According to the video, people sometimes just say whatever because of their ignorance or inability to comfort. You grieve anyway. Do what you need to do to take care of yourself. He was your baby. It’s ok.

Archived